• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish Lake Gathering Sunday Dec. 18th

Hey guys we are going to do our anual Fish Lake gathering on Sunday Dec. 18th! Im thinking 10 or 11AM should do fine. It was a good time last year. Lets pray for warmer temps and less wind this year though.

People can post if they are bringing grillables, food or beverages.

We had a barrel last year but I think its best everyone brings their own this year. Dont want FM having anything to do with providing beverages should anything happen. Plus it froze last year. crazy.gif

I hope we get at least as good a turnout as last year and I hope to see some new faces.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Surface Tension

• Tom Linderholm

• Papa Woodie

NL sounds good. hope we can drive out by then. went out today and and found one thing. To far to pull house and enjoy it after. Its like nap time or what ever. But I will show up/ What to bring what ever I can.

You can definately count me in, I would venture to guess that the ice would be small vehicle worthy by that time, but then again time will tell. As far as the barrel goes, I see your point on the liability issue but if I end up having one in my house for myself thats not an issue is it? grin.gif

I have a ton of elk burger meat to burn up from last year and I may have boar meat back by that time as well.

I'll be taking care of myself the day before this year as to not get sick again. If you need someone up there early to get set up let me know.

Cheffrey you can have whatever you want in your house. As long as its legal ofcourse. wink.gif

Ya dont go getting sick. I will probably get there a bit early. There may be a informal givaway so ya never know what you may get. shocked.gif

Everyone bring a wheeler or sled if you can because we will be getting away from the crowd again this year. It will more than likely be too far to walk. Heck the narrows can be a haul at times.

Everyone coming let us know here and if your bringing anyone. I will have to let Tim at Highbanks know how many we will have so he has enough bait. Please buy your bait from Tim! He plows the roads and delivers pizza, beer etc. to your house. Plus he always has some nice little prizes for me to give away. So lets support him.

See ya all there!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm in and will have a few choice areas to fish. Chances are we'll be able to drive out but procuring a sled just in case of insufficient ice or deep snow would be wise. After all we should be leaving the pack and leading the pack into fertile waters.

Count me in. If the majority of us brought FRS that would be nice. Especially if one of the Friendly FM folks is willing to make a trip to HiBanks with a Wheeler to help out a few fellers (if ice don't let vehicles on the ice yet)...

Sounds like an exciting time again, and look forward to it! Had to sell the wheeler last year to buy a boat for this year. Man, where do the dilemas quit? Wheeler or boat...something tells me i got more use out of my boat...

You guys have a good one for me, I've gotta be out of town for my families Xmas that weekend.

Slushy Nut Brown Ale, Mmmmmmmmmmmm Good grin.gif

I think i can make it there to on sunday, i know where the launch is next to the (Contact US Regarding This Word), is that where we leave from? A little more deatail of where and when would be nice... Thanks!

4431 you can put in at Highbanks and get bait there. Read the above posts for time. Where we are fishing is never in stone and we wont probably know until a few days before. Best thing is to call on 2 way radio when you get there. You will probably see us and maybe ST can post his flag for easy sightings. Most likely we will be out to the left of the narrows or over by Driftwood.

I'm not sure if I'll make it yet. There is a good chance I'm going to be on LOW that weekend. With the sub zero temps they're making ice like crazy up there and it looks like driving trucks out is a definite possibility. If I'm not there, however, you'll definitely find me on Fish Lake.

Kid, like Northlander said. we'll stay flexible as to where we'll be fishing till we get closer to that date. I have one suggestion with a few places in mind that'll be sheltered from wind and contain fish.

I think I'll be able to make it now that I have my new portable. Should be fun. grin.gif

NORTHLANDER

YOU CAN PLAN ON DEB AND I BEING THERE WE WOULD NOT MISS THIS WE WILL BRING ARE OWN STUFF AND WE WILL NOT BE FISHING IN THE SITE OF PEEEEEE. LAND IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE A FUN TIME AND MEET FACES THANKS STEVE FOR YOUR POST GIVE ME A CALL SOON STAY WARM.

Joel, you'll be just a guide right. Setting up rods, finding fish and letting eveyone else reel them in grin.gif

Just remember, YOU SET THE HOOK grin.gif

I don't know if this get together will work quite right without a keg, but I'll probably show up anyway wink.gif. I'm guessing quick will be there as well and we should probably bring someone else with to drive us home smirk.gif

Don't worry porter you can park your voyager next to mine and I'll share my 1/6th pack with you.

But please keep your clothes on no matter how hot it gets in your shack.

Quote:

I'm guessing quick will be there as well and we should probably bring someone else with to drive us home
smirk.gif

Any volunteers? cough, cough........ deepdiver? ....... wal-i-princess..... I mean King. grin.gif

In all seriousness, it sounds like a great time and i'll also have my sled out there to help shuttle people wherever they need to go if we're not driving by then.

And Porter I thought you would have known by now that "only Babe Winkelman and i diots set the hook." grin.gif

I'm gonna be in town that weekend looking around for places to live. Might try and swing by.

It,s possible my kid,s will head back to the cities around noon on Sunday. If so i can come soon after. Not that I want them to leave so I can go fishing grin.gif Nels

Quote:

Quote:

I'm guessing quick will be there as well and we should probably bring someone else with to drive us home
smirk.gif

Any volunteers? cough, cough........ deepdiver? ....... wal-i-princess..... I mean King. grin.gif

In all seriousness, it sounds like a great time and i'll also have my sled out there to help shuttle people wherever they need to go if we're not driving by then.

And Porter I thought you would have known by now that "only Babe Winkelman and i diots set the hook." grin.gif

Not me this time... Last time I drove with you and porter after drinking I believe porter was peeing in my jeep crazy.gif Ill be there if im not working

Yeah.... All I hear while driving is the cup is full the cup is full..... Youll have to get the full story sometime.... it was all a good laugh though..... after i cleaned my jeep....

Yep, that sounds like a good story for the gathering, I reckon. With luck, I'll see you there.

Looks like we're going to have a good turnout and I'm looking forward to seeing new and old faces. STF hope you can make it down again. You know you have a place to stay and if you bring your sled we can takeoff from my place.

Frank you better drive over. The way you run that snowmobile all you will have left when you get to the lake is a tow bar and a few remnants of what used to be a Otter. shocked.gif

Ya this should be a good time. Come on you new guys join on in.

Steve,St STF,

You guys can count me in this getogether.Can't wait till then. If you want me to bring something please let me know.

With the turnout so far, how can one deny a nice shiny metal container out on the ice holding favorite beverage?

Tempting...something tells me the lake just might get a surprise. Liability totaly on Papa Woodie Inc.! With some more convincing, and a ride to the "spot" from the "landing"....we might have a grand ol time on our hands!

So i yell "WHOS WITH ME?" (Little help on splitting up cost is great, but a nice fish secret is also good bribery!)...With some of the folks on here, they'll be drinking real cheap all day!

Final decision to me made closer to event date!

Woodie, don't worry I can usually get one donated from the beverage companies I work with.