• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish Lake Gathering Sunday Dec. 18th

South Shore!!! grin.gifSouth Shore!!! grin.gifSouth Shore!!! grin.gifSouth Shore!!! grin.gifSouth Shore!!! grin.gifSouth Shore!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Go Cheffery, I wont see Bo b4 then, if we have to pay thats ok too. Count me in for some fishing that Sunday.

-CLoma

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Surface Tension

• Tom Linderholm

• Papa Woodie

He Quick,

I suppose that I could help you out there. I definitely want to make it out and after last year it sounds like it would be a blast. Unfortunately we really couldn't all pile into my truck so we might have to figure out something else. Let me know what you are thinking and I will definitely try to make it out there.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

if you can get me, porter, and my sled out on the ice, we'll be set.....it's not like all 3 of us are big guys or anything grin.gif oh, and we'll need to throw porter's voyager on top of your guide. grin.gif

Cheffrey, you might be able to get a better deal than i can...I'm sure as far as Keg's go, your resturant/bar does way better than the bar i work at! (we don't sell tap beer...only bottles)

Let me know if i can assist in anyway (transportation or something - I could make it to TH Ford for an oil change and double up my trip if need be

if you want to squeeze in I could prolly do it and multiple houses are not really a problem I have done it before. I would just have to clean out my truck a little so when you have an idea about what you want to do just let me know and we can make arrangements. I lost my phone on the ice this weekend but should have my backup running within the next couple of days so give me a call.

I suppose it's about time I start showing up to these events!! I'll be there, hopefully we can drive because I don't have enough toys yet.

cool.gifJust hope a icer can figore out a spot to fish by then. By the sounds of things it may not matter. Just as long as we can drive it. If not call in a air lift. Maybe around the telescope watcher.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

ripstick, I see we're neighbors and don't believe we've meet. See you on the ice.

I have cabin #3 booked with Tim at Highbanks for Sat the 17th. Its a 3 bedroom so I think I have room for 3 more guys at least. Whos in and who is bringing the cards and beverages? This should be a good pre event warm up for whoever wants to stop by as well. For more info give me a holler at [email protected]

Fished Fish Lake today, 530am till 6pm. Managed 23 Walleye...unfortunately, NOT A SINGLE ONE was above 12"!!!

managed 4 perch (extremely small), and 1 northern that might make 2 lbs.

Fun catching the little devils, but sure wish i had something sizzling in the fry pan about now!

Lots and Lots of Trucks(full size)/Cars/ATV's/Snowmobiles on the lake today. 12" of good ice where i was.

I fished 13' of water pretty much exactly between Airplane Island and the shoreline. Me, being the first one on the ice, was to scared to drive out, so i had quite a hike. Sure was disappointing after a few miles walk with the gear to see such good ice! Next time i guess i'll know better!

Next weekend is starting to look real good! Hope we have quite the turnout!

We got out at 10;30 t0 3:30 and we had kept 8 eyes all over 14 to 18 inches and 6 northers over 4lbs and one crapie that was 11inches we had good eats for dinner we will be puting the permanent house out on tuesday and with as maney people driving i think it is safe to say be carefull and we will hope the bite stays good. good luck

Yes i am deb and i will be out and it will be fun this is debs first ice fishing and she loves it she cant wait to go again and it sounds like wensday we will be out next. but the ice house will be out on tuesday if things go well it is nice to share this with our loved ones and see them so happy to be out doing what most take for granit well if your out give me a call the house will be open good fishing.

So, i have slammed my head in the wall enough times hearing about how well these Angel Eye's and Go Devils work so much.

Northlander, I just purchased a dozen of each via Rick & Tackle City here on the site. Hope you are up for teaching me a bit about these things on sunday, and get some good results!

Rock>| ME |<Hard Place

Papa Woodie, I've been doing double duty on eyes and crappies with the 1/8 oz Go Devils the past to winters. Tip them with half a minnow and jig them same way you would a pimple. Slow lift and let them free fall. If the eyes want a slow drop switch up to a AE, it'll fall slower and have a nice flutter.

Do you keep on the red treble hooks, or replace them with a single hook?

Do you remove the silver hoop where you tie on the knot, or do you use a swivel on your line and attach it that way?

Colors look real nice, and i'm excited to give 'em a try!

One of the colors work better than the others?

I also have a guided perch session on Jan 6th With Jeff Dosch on Devils Lake. Sure have myself pumped up for that. Got my dad a trip on me for an Xmas gift...Think he will enjoy it! (figured it was a good excuse to purchase one for myself also...)

Frank are you and Steve in at Highbanks on Sat night. I still have room for you guys.

Casey dont worry even you cant fish them wrong. grin.gif I took off the #10 red trebles and put on #8 red trebles in bit lighter wire. More hook gap this way without messing up the action. I like the gold/red and the pink/glow. The blue has its days as well as does the Perch.

Thanks for the info guys!

Steve, If you could, please bring along that FishBright with you on Sunday. Sure would like to try 'er out!

Jeff does a good job of matching his stuff with quality hook that are sized right. So I leave them. I don't have a favorite color but I think I have a blue GO Devil on now. wink.gif

Steve and Frank,

Could you guys please give me directions to fish lake?This way I will beable to make landmarks to where to turn at.Steve this way I am doing things you can be on the lake early like yoiu want.I plain to be up there around 8 to 9 am.On your radios will you guys be using sub chanels? If not my radio that I use during hunting might work.

Well, my LOW partner backed out so it looks like I will be staying local this weekend. Count me in for Sunday. I'll be in a green 2-man Polar Sport with the Marine General logo on the door. There is also a decent chance I'll be found having a couple slushies in Northlander's cabin Saturday night.

Poutslayer - Are you gonna make an appearance?

JH

Perch, Coming into Duluth exit into the Mesabi Ave lane and go up the hill, once you get to the top you'll be at the stop lights. Cross them and continue till you come to the stop sign. You'll be on the Rice Lake rd and you want to turn left onto Arrowhead rd. Go around 1/3 mile and take a right at the stop lights. Thats Rice lake rd again. Your next stop sign will be Martin rd, take that left onto Martin and go to the next stop sign. That'll be Lavaque rd. Go north/right on Lavaque. You'll go past Fish lake Bridge and though a couple s turns. Next stop will be Emerson rd. The Minnowette will be across the street. Take a left there. You'll go down a straight away, just before the road turns right you'll see a lake access sign on the left, take that left. When the road takes a right turn you take a left to HighBanks resort.

I'll email you my cell number, call me if you get lost.

Yep, I was editing that wrong turn as you were posting

Still planning on coming, going to see if I can drag Backcast out with me too. Porter, I'll probably call you Sat. some time and try hooking up with you if you dont go to Winnie on Fri and no-crappie-Quickstrike.

Finally got DSL here! What a improvement. Also got in season too with my pic of the fish house instead of summer Kings!

I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it to winnie on friday- I gotta make sure I don't have to retake any classes so I can spend the rest of the winter chasing trout on the Gunflint grin.gif

As far as Sunday goes, I'll most likely be out there, doesn't really matter what time, so whatever works for you. If Quick goes (I'm pretty sure he's going), we could try and get to the access at about the same time and get a couple shacks behind his sled. Good luck on Winnie- I'll be in touch.

I'm planning on going with kingkid, and would bring my wheeler, is there good enough ice out there? and is there any "hot spots"to look out for as far as thin ice goes?

some of you know I had an "Incident" last year so I am a little more carful this year. blush.gifcrazy.gif

msm. Stay away from the damm and the area around the bridge.

Your wheeler should be fine.