• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was wondering if there are any FMer's that do a lot of ice fishing over on the Faribault lakes?

Or if there is a another forum that they post on?

We don't see a lot of reporting from that area, but you might try the south-central forum. Quite a few from that forum fish these lakes. Just re-post in that forum and you'll get what you are looking for.

Thanks CrappieTom.

It is just an area that is stuck in the middle I guess. I live in Kenyon so I am stuck in the middle also.

I do alot of fishing more toward the Mankato/Janesville area. If your interested in any of those lakes i might be able too help you.

Kiff....

Might be middle ground there in Kenyon, but you are close to Nerstrand(?) Park and that is one beautiful place to drop in and visit.

James Walleye has offered up some chatter on the area there and perhaps he can help out. The south central forum is usually full of banter of that area too, so read away. What are some of the questions you have onthe area? Toss them out and we'll see what we can do here in this forum.

although i don't ice fish , i'll try to help! there is some great fishing in that area. mazaska,shields , and roberts get plenty of attention from anglers, for panfish,walleye and northen.roberts; you have the island,several rock pts. and a couple of tapering drop offs to look at along with a couple of flats. shields; two islands with heron leading to deep water and the bullrush leading into a flat, plus a hump. mazaska; has one deep hole,several flats and weeds at different depths for you to check out.all three lakes can produce .french although being noted as a muskie lake , also has crappie, and some northen. kelly dudley has produced some respectable panfish for me in the open water season, but note that it has special regulations for pike.the cannon sys. is noted for walley and perch, but i have no first hand knowledge on it.my advice would be to stop in to a tackle shop, get some maps, and start asking questions. my $.02 grin.gif

I usually make one trip per winter to the Faribault area, although I didn't make it last year. My target fish over there is actually perch, as they are my favorite eating fish, and I don't pick up many of them on the Mississippi backwaters. I fish Mazaska and Shields, and I usually pick up some nice bluegill and crappie, with the occasional walleye thrown in with all those little perch. grin.gif