• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gophs

8-Ball

This is not looking good-2-0 Cheese after 1 period. Gophs look listless- a step behind in effort. I am disappointed. Lucia publicly stated he was "very disappointed" in last nights effort. I had hoped they would come out with some fire in their belly. They did'nt. It is not over yet, but it does not look promising after the first 20. Come on Gophs, get after it!

I thought we had Phil Kessel?.. confused.gifconfused.gifHe must have turned pro already confused.gif where the Heck was he?????? frown.gif

They ALL looked rattled tonight. Even Kessel had some rushes where he entered the O zone and just drifted off to the side, instead of a shot, or a drop, or a give and go, etc. And it could have been worse.. I think Cheese U had 7 or 8 PP's that they did not convert on! Tonight Peltier took the place of Harrington in the "I don't know where I am" category. He was out of position and his play led to 2 goals by Cheese U. Now they go to the Sioux for 2? Donny best come up with a plan B. The worst thing about tonight was, except for a few decent shifts at the end of the first period, they really were not even competitive tonight. Who is our captain, again? I'm sure Buzz will have some insight into tonights yawner....

So I took my wife to that barn burner last night (Yuck)! and heres my take. Our defense lacks toughness, we let other teams get inside of our Blue line way too easy!! we don't hit anybody and that stinks! Knock a player off the puck instead of trying to play cutsie poke check stuff.... then on Wisconsins second goal... all of our forwards were so far out of the play... back check guys!! I'm sure when you tune into KFAN monday at 9:00 you'll hear comments on both of these things. I thought the Gophers only outplayed Wisconsin for one of the six periods this weekend and that was the third period of game one and thats not going to get it done. Last night was a horrible game. I will give props to Wisconsin, they look like the team to beat in December, we'll see if they can keep it going in March and April.

I hope the Looch is embarassed, cause I sure am.

Out hustled, out skated, out shot, out checked, OUT COACHED.

Where was this great power play??? Where were our leaders??? Usually your leaders step up in games like this, clutch type of players. No backchecking, No D stepping up. I dont think our D can handle these bigger guys. We miss Demarchi!!!!

Thats ok if the Gophers loss, I just got to party with Gino, Potulny and Sertich... then stayed at Ginos house last night.. it was fun but yeah the Gophs looked bad last nights game.

I was down in MPLS for BSU club hockey and played at St. Thomas college (JV team.. swept them) So we have some greenway boys that played with Gino so.. it was great to meet some of them even though they were a little bit ... grin.gif