• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What a difference one cold week makes, Found 7-9" of ice on three different lakes that I fished today. The pannies were snappin' good too smile.gif

A couple nice crappies.....

f07fff30cd.jpg

19eb09cc89.jpg

A nice gill....

2feed93cb5.jpg

Beautiful fish!!!!

Looks like there is another one on the LX-3 while you are taking one of the photos!!!

I'll be in the area this coming weekend and I can't WAIT!!

I made my first trip out last night, a bit on the chilly side to say the least, but I was happy to get out. There's about 6-7" of ice on Moose Lake, at least where I was at. I only iced 1 small walleye. I had several lookers that would chase my jigging spoon/minnow head and then refuse. They wouldn't even hit the bobber/minnow combo in the other hole, except for the little one. Still nice to be out on the ice though. Last Thursday we were checking spearing spots and the north half of Big Ball Club was wide open and boy were the goldeneye's thick!!! The dirty little buggers! grin.gif They better watch it next year. LOL

Brian

BMC, are you talking Moose just north of Deer?

We are planning on going up next week and just looking for an ice report

Yep, 6-8" of ice out there on the shorelines, I was fishing the west shoreline. It's slow out there for walleyes, at least for me. 2 trips out there and 1 little walleye each trip. Went to Pokegama tonight and found about 7" of ice and no fish for 2 guys. I'm gonna go chase slime tomorrow on Pokeg. It can only get better.....I hope

Brian

BMC, Thanks for the info, good luck on Pog, we cannot get up until the weekend of Dec 17 now, i will post how we did then.

Finally, got one for the frying pan! I hit the north shore of Sugar Bay on Pokegama today and found 6" of ice out there, boy was it snapping and cracking after dark! I caught one 4lb slimer and that was it. I had a bunch of little 4-6" perch on the vexi the whole time and expected the walleyes to show up, but they didn't. Back to work now for the next 7 out of 8 days, so fishing will be limited.

Brian

Crappies are bittin' good and the gills goin good as well. Finding about 8-12" of ice on the lakes I was on this weekend.

92eea71dc6.jpg

171dda1bd5.jpg

9e5ed0b046.jpg

070bae57b0.jpg

We fished in the area this weekend and found 9" of ice. Found Crappies were willing to bite on just about anything you shook at them. 28 fow, Shrimpos untipped, plain hook and minnow, waxie and jig, it didn't matter. 13.5 was the longest crappie and all were released. Never did find the sunnies I was looking for but what can you do. Bassman, have any tips for finding sunfish? Were you in weeds, or over holes, etc. I don't need your spots just a general idea of what worked. Thanks.

Bassman, Those are dandy panfish, I want to build a cabin on that Lake, anything for sale grin.gif

Gus:

I was finding them off the first drop off adjacent to a shallow bay. I have also had success fishing the edges of sunken islands, 12-22 FOW seemed to be where they liked to be on a couple different lakes that I've done good on. Was using the smallest shrimpos and ratso that they make either tipped with a waxie or a Berkely Gulp.