• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody been out yet???

Just got back from fishing the river around Fargo. Not much action!!!! Had a big one on and was fighting him for a couple minutes then it fell off. I think it was a walleye.

The ice was anywhere from 8 inches to about 4 inches. Didnt walk out to the middle, but I would say it was about 2-3 out there. I was in 4-8 feet of water about 20 feet from the bank. Had 4 deer walk across the river next to me so maybe its safe to be in the middle but I wasnt gonna try it!!!!!

I would say by the end of next week the river will be good enough to adventure around a little more!!!

Be carefull and good fishing!!!

Brian

You got me scratching my head Brian.

That river is extreamly unpredictable, especialy this time of year. 8" in one place and 8' away over an eddy you might have an inch. Not enough to support your weight.

The risky part in my opinion is if a person should go through, the current will take them unde the ice. No chance for survival, Zero.

Even if you were tied to a tree it would take a winch to pull you back out through the hole.

There are great fishing holes 20 minuites from town.

Let me know. I'd be happy to put you on some fish.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody been catching anything on the river???? Ive gone out maybe 12-15 times and havent gotten a thing!!!!! Something not right here!!!!

Ed, have you been out?????

Thanks

Brian