• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waconia

Tommytanker

Went out to waconia tonight, one portable out in the bay, I check the ice over by the public access and it was about 3 inches. It should not be long now.

TT

Well guys the time is getting closer and closer. I am sure that In Towne will be posting as to how the ice is coming along as well.

FIsh on

Where is that intowneguy at? I figured he would have posted something by now? Im thinking of heading out tomorrow afternoon and try out the crappie bite. I think the ice should be okay by then. The snow cover really does'nt help the ice making. I can see lake grace from my house and where it's cracked, water has made the snow into slush and that doesn't make good ice at all.

Im sure there was more than 1 person out on waconia today, I'll give it one more day my-self.

We'll let you know how we do if we do get on the ice tomorrow.

TT

I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow also----all of the local lakes I have checked have been way too thin. 1-2 inches of bad ice. I would think wac will have a good 4 inches by tomorrow.

jeff

I went out to Waconia today there is 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 inches of ice with about a inch or two of snow. That blanket of snow really is slowing things down.

TT

how far out from intowne marina are you going?? all the way out to the bay in the area that shanty town is?

That was just out from in towne, there was one guy out by shanty town last friday and it looked like he was out there over the weekend. I checked the public access and there was about the same ice 3 Inches.

maybe the cold weather will bring it over the hump and before we know it the ATV's and snowmobiles will be buzzing the lakes.

TT

I think im gonna go out on wac today and see how the ice is and maybe if we can hook anything. plus im anxious to bust out the new vexilar i bought