• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

white bear lake

fisherman_12006

i just got back from white bear lake to check out the ice went out from the vfw and there was a shack out there about 50 yards from the pier there. i didnt know how thick the ice was there im guessing any where from 3 to 5 inches. might try to get out there this weekend.

I went out from Matoska park and you can see the ice move under your feet. I didn't drill a hole but guess 2-3 inches at best. The lake is still open by Ordway rock bar. Soon young grasshopper, soon.

ya i didnt walk out to far from the pier but to me it looked thick than 3 inches some people had a shack out there too but i dont think i would travel around the lake not for another week if the weather stays cold

I'll probably head out tomorrow with my hand auger just to see how thick it is at the accesses.

There was open water 50 yrds from shore when we had that rain. I would not venture past that. The ice that is thick there was the ice that blew over there from the other areas of the lake or that the wind just didn't take totally off. So I would assume there is about 3 inches until about 50 yrds then maybe an inch past that.