• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Woodbury area lakes

TurnUpTheFishing

Curious if anyone has any info about the little lakes around Woodbury. I have fished Colby once, didnt really hit it to seriously got a bunch of perch. Ive heard decent things about Powers and intend to give it a shot. What about lakes like Markgrafs, fish, bailey? Any sort of info would be great. Plus, any up to date ice info about them.

I have had a fair amount of experience with some of those lakes. Shoot me an e-mail and I can tell you a little more about them, and maybe even get together to hit them at some point. [email protected]

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

wall-i-king, I'd be interested too if you're sharing. grin.gif I have some other spots in the metro I could let you in on in return. I'm almost entirely catch & release in the metro & prefer the smaller, less-traveled lakes to the circus! Just moved to Eagan & am starting to think about exploring some of the smaller lakes. Thanks!

Corey DOT KellgrenAT bestbuy (Contact US Regarding This Word)

Evidently (Contact US Regarding This Word) (without the space) it now verboten...

that would be .com...yeesh...

Wall-i-king, Ill be dropping you an email.

For the most part Im a C&R guy myself aswell, and defineatly would practice C&R when fishing the smaller lakes Im looking into.

Wall-i-king brought me out to a lake last winter in the area and we didn't have great success but I went back in the spring and nailed the crappies, nothing huge but I couldn't keep them off the hook. I would be interested in getting out withe some people in the area. Let me know when your thinking about getting out and I am in. I am mostly C&R as well, especially in the metro area. [email protected].

I AM FROM WOODBURY AND I SPENT MY LIFE FISHING EVERY LITTLE LAKE AROUND, I REMEMBER WHEN WOODBURY WAS CORN FIELDS, AND I AM ONLY 27 YEARS OLD. IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SWAP SOME INFO DROP ME A EMAIL [email protected] , I AM ON MY WAY NOW TO DROP A LINE IN ONE OF THOSE PONDS.

Made it out to Powers friday night for a few hours. Didnt measure the ice but estimate it to be 4" around the pier. I fished right infront of the pier, didnt want to venture out to far on my own at night. Caught nothing but perch.

Never icefished Markgrafs, but used to hit it a lot in the summer and had decent luck on largemouths, and the crappie bite really turned on around dusk. I heard about someone icefishing out there and they said they didnt get anything. Its a very shallow lake, and i imagine you really have to look for fish. A vexilar would be necessary there im thinkin

Ive checked a map of markgrafs seems to be a shallow basin maxing out around 9'. If there are any fish I would imagine they would be hanging out in the deepest water or any deeper structure.