• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Mille Lacs ice update

dustywaterwolf

Lake froze over the night of November 30th. Wind was down that evening and have had very little wind since then, so unless we get a really big blow, the ice should stay put. Thats nice, as it is like a skating rink out there. Guessing only an inch or two on the main lake, but with the temps being cold for the next 7 to 10 days, we should be walking on the lake next week. Please be patient, we do not need anyone making the headlines in the paper or on the news for the WRONG reasons. Some of the smaller area lakes are most likely okay for walking, but give the big pond a few more nights. No matter were you are fishing this weekend in Minnesota, BE CAREFUL!

i second that people should use caution. i almost lost my father 3 years ago due to hazzardous ice. it was the middle of (january) all it took was 1 warm day. he was walking the same path as everyone had been walking to fish walleyes. he fell thru 8 inches of ice! it was honey combed and with the warm day it deterated. the only thing to save his life was his portable clam fish house that he used for leverage to get out. since then my father has gone ice fishing once hesitant at that and i don't blame him, so i thought i would share this with all the die hards that there is no safe ice on any lake or river. i feel appreciative that my father is one of the lucky ones

and that i hope none of you or your families have to experience this