• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anyone checking??

I'm going to check LQP to night heard 4" don't know when that was but worth checking.

anyother ice reports?

12 portables, 4 at Boyds 3 north of Milan bridge 1 each at Madison & voldens, 1 solid house with atv at clay balnk.

beteen 5 & 6 inches of ice. Caught 3 eye's, keeped one, and a white bass, first one I've caught though the ice.

anyother reports??????

A good pal of mine was on Sara yesterday. He said 4" on the west side but I don't think he went out very far.

Be careful fellas. With all the snow we've got it's going to take a while to get real good ice.

Keep those reports coming in. I'd go out myself and check, but I don't know anybody that I trust enough to drag my old hind end out of the pond if I go through. I would have to wait for the spring thaw. We should get a little more ice with the below zero temps coming up. The Mrs. is threatening to haul me into the doc if my hands don't stop jerking soon. Come on cold, I can hardly wait.

Keep those reports coming in. I'd go out myself and check, but I don't know anybody that I trust enough to drag my old hind end out of the pond if I go through. I would have to wait for the spring thaw. We should get a little more ice with the below zero temps coming up. The Mrs. is threatening to haul me into the doc if my hands don't stop jerking soon. Come on cold, I can hardly wait.

Sorry about the double posting. That uncontroled jigging action is really getting bad.

I'm going to try and check things out for myself on Monday. I'll let ya'll know how thick things are out there.

checked small stock dam by adrian and fell threw today. lake wilson north pond by water tower was really slushy on top, maybe 2"of good ice below that. the south pond had 4" and felt solid, yet i could see some open water right by shore in spots. did fish for a couple hr in 6' with no luck at all on the south pond.

be carefull out there, snow pac has made some bad ice for our area

I would agree with you wambat. I was in spicer area Saturday, variable ice thickness 1 1/2 to 5". Would definatly check the ice thickness on your way out anywhere.

Did catch afish though smile.gif

Drilled a few holes in the ponds south of town and had 4" smile.gif It should grow nicely with the upcoming temps. Could be puttin out some tip-ups after work tomorrow. Come on COLD!!!!! tuk

P.S. I'd drag you out grump, fell through a creek yesterday on the snowmobile crazy.gif

Hey Tuk, did you check out the other pond in the SE corner of town?

I did a little scouting myself yesterday at Okoboji. 4" of ice was nowhere to be found. In clear spots where the wind had swept the snow off the ice you could find 3", but these places were hard to find over fishable water.

I got a little fishing in, and missed my first bite of the season. Glad to have that formality out of the way. wink.gif

Hey Wade,

The Jeff is coming down this weekend for our first outing of the year. This will be entertaining. He wants to try to hit a few birds and then fish. I'll give you a holler and let you know where we are. I know we will catch something, and I also know it won't be big enough to eat. It will be a nice tune up for when you come along. I can really out fish you then with all that practice. I still have my life jacket ready in case I need to float. Hey are you going to join us for the traditional Christmas eve day ice fishing outing? (cedifo) It's usually a good time and we make it to your in-laws for supper. We need someone to show us how to fish. The Jeff refused to put my bait on last year. It's a good time.

Yup, sign me up for the CEDIFO. Say hi to "the Jeff" and co. for me. I'll probably be up at The Lakes all day Saturday, so give my cell phone a shout so I can tell you about all the fish I missed.

Could I talk you into making me an ice fishin rod? How soon and how much? At the moment I only have two decent rods to go with three good reels.

Wade,

I'll see what I have left for blanks. I think I have a couple ultra light for perch and a few medium light graphite St. Croix and maybe a medium light Berkley. I'm using wood tape on style handles I made this past summer right now. Stop by and pick out what you want. The Jeff has his picked out already. I just have to get at it and get er done. I guess no one told you that when you married into the family stuff like this is on donation only at best. I don't charge family for stuff like this. I have to give people stuff to take me fishing. I'll get er done as soon as I can. The ultra lite works real well on those URL crappie. The Jeff will testify to that.

Make sure you check that ice out. Had an insured put his 4 wheeler thru the ice on Wood Lake by Russell. Got out about 250' from the public access. Luckily no one was hurt. Ice was good up until that point!!!

We need some wind to get the snow off the lakes. Otherwise these cold temps aren't doing us much good!!

Was on North Lake Wilson yesterday. There is about 3" of ice with 2" of frozen slush on top of it. Didn't catch anything. Later in the day I went to Corabelle. 3" of good ice there and no fish.

Boilerguy thought you were going Sarah? Any reports there or Shetek? Plan to head that way this weekend.

I was going to but the fella I was with wanted to go somewhere else.

Some friends of mine hit Shetek to check out the ice but I don't know what they found. When I find out I'll ask them.