• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bears vs. Packers, 170th Meeting

lots of luck

This game is of great importance for the division. All divisional eyes on this one.

Bears look to extend win streak to eight against rival Green Bay Packers

In a rivalry game that doesn't need added significance, the Chicago Bears will put their seven-game win streak and No. 2 standing in the NFC on the line when the Green Bay Packers come to Soldier Field for the 170th game in the all-time series. One of just three teams in the conference with eight or more wins on the season, Chicago is coming off consecutive victories over teams that were leading the NFC South division at the time of their match-up with the Bears.

Chicago heads into Week 13 trailing the Seattle Seahawks (9-2) by one game for the top spot in the NFC while the two teams share the second-longest active win streak in the NFL this year behind Indianapolis (10). The seven straight wins by the Bears are the most for the team in a single season since a seven-game surge to end the 1986 campaign. Chicago hosts Green Bay with a chance to forge its longest win streak in a single season since being triumphant in the first 12 games of the 1985 season. While looking to defeat the Packers at Soldier Field for the first time since 1993 -- a span of 11 Bears home games -- Chicago will also be looking to even the career head coaching record of Lovie Smith at 14-14. Only one other time in Smith's two years with the Bears has his record stood at .500 and that was after Week Two of last season, following a 21-10 win at Green Bay.

While the Packers have lost two games in-a-row and five of six, the Green Bay offense still poses a legitimate threat to a Chicago defense that has allowed the fewest points and total yards in the NFL. Packers QB Brett Favre ranks fourth in the league with 19 TD passes while helping the team average over 20 points per game.

I think Green Bay wins this game outright. Farve is going to take the packers to victory. Chicago is due for a let down and it is coming Sunday. Vegas has the pack as 7 point underdogs and that is money in the bank as my lock of the weekend.

Take the pack +7

Green Bay 17

Chicago 14

Unfortunately I want the Packers to win for two reasons (lower their draft position & knock da Bears down in the standings) BUT, I do not see it happening.... Favre is having to Duante, I mean force too much/often and it ends up in turnovers. Bears 10 Packers 6.... YUCK!

As much as I'd like to say the Packers are going to win I just don't see it happening. With the O-line in shambles and the strength of Chicago's D I think it might be scary to watch. If the Packers can win the field position battle and keep the turnovers to a minimum I think they may have a chance. I know Favre has played well against the Bears in his career, so you just never know.

Here's the upset call:

Packers 16

Bears 10

170...Ironic because that could be the total yardage output for both teams combined in this game.

What a snoozer this will be!

If I were an impartial bettor, I would put my money on the Bears to win by a score of 13-10. As a Viking fan, I'll be sitting at home with the Vikings game on one screen while I cheer for the Packers on the other.

That is just plain wrong to "cheer for the Packers". But I know what you mean. Man, talk about mixed emotions.

Yeah, it is strange to be cheering for Green Bay--what's next, cats and dogs getting along? shocked.gif I guess it is easier to cheer for the Cheeseheads knowing that (a) the Vikings already beat them twice (B) a Packer win over the Bears improves the Vikings' playoff chances, and © every Packer win from here on out lessens their chances of drafting Reggie Bush. grin.gif I'll definitely be cheering for the Pack in their games against the Bears--just so they don't win more than one or two others.