• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Oscar---Little bay off of 27

Driving back from Hoffman today...saw a small house out in the little bay right off 27...are these guys spearing in that area? Anyone know???

could be spearing. could be angling.

Time to get out there and see. You been out yet?

Looking forward to getting out this weekend. Early ice is going fast! Heard reports of up to 7 inches today, more tomorrow.

God I hope not, I could be wrong but I thought Muskie Lake in MN were off limits for spearing. I didn't get to fish Oscar at all this summer, pretty bummed about that being my family has a cabin 5 miles away on Lake Mary. Hopefully next summer I can get out there more.

MinnesotaMuskie do you get out on Oscar often? I've heard it's not a numbers lake but some decent fish in there.

RU

No I do not...I have a cabin on Amelia near Glenwood...fish there, also Red Rock and a Secret Lake "west of you."

My sister-in-law and her family live on Mary...Right on the point where it goes into the bay. We used to hit Mary often...but I live by St. Cloud and pretty busy in the winter...

I thought the same thing about the spearing...but it sure looked like a spear house????

People think it is strange I like to spear with a name like MM.

I beleive with the numbers being so low, it is not a designated musky lake, so spearing is allowed. See page 72 of the fishing regulations. Oscar is not on the list of lake that spearing is prohibited.

You are correct...I know the Pike spearing in Oscar was great many years ago...