• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jiffy Stealth 8" or Strikemaster Lazer 8"

Which one would you go with here? Both are going to be 2hp. I have heard good and bad for both. What do I really want to look for as troublesome with either of these? Weight doesn't seem to be an issue with either, but I have heard recoil issues, and also throttle problems. Any advice?

I've never had any problems with my 8" Lazer. Started 3rd pull straight out of storage last week. They're both very good augers. Just every once in awhile someone will get one a bad one.

Chipper verses shavers is all. The Jiffy I had was bullet proof and the chippers last longer and are easier to sharpen. The chippers will cut threw anything and stay sharper longer. The shavers are fast but get knicked easy and if you go threw dirt or wood etc. it may be useless. I have seen this several times especially on rivers where debrie can be a issue. I guess if it were me I would go with the Jiffy and the chiper blades.

Plus Jiffy's new warranty is tops.

Ahem. If it were me, I'd go with the Strikemaster. I've had the Lazer blades on a 3 hp 10-inch Strikemaster for eight years. I simply use the exchange blade program at the beginning of each season, and the blades last truly fine through hundreds of holes.

Only a blind bat tries to drill through wood and rock, anyway! grin.gifgrin.gif

But really, who cares if a hole takes you 10 seconds or 12 seconds to drill? Jiffy/Strikemaster has always been a ford/chevy pickup, or canon/nikon camera type thing. Buy whichever top brand you buy, and you'll be a happy guy (golly, a poet that doesn't knowet). smirk.gif

Hey Birthday Boy remember what happened to your Strikemaster on the Namadji River a few years back? A chipper blade would have kept cutting. grin.gif

"Only a blind bat cuts threw wood or rock." Im sorry I had to laugh when I read this. tongue.gif

Hope you have a great B-Day in the metro. wink.gif

Yeah, bubba, you got me out after pout one time. I'll never forget it. I was a blind bat that night, no doubt. grin.gif Day after that, I was down at the store using the blade exchange and wondering why I'd even bothered to try to drill a hole in a river (Nemadji) that was too thick to drink and too thin to plow. crazy.gif

You've got a memory like an elephant. But at 65 feet, 19 inches tall, you ARE kind of built like an elephant. blush.gif