• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

deer decoy for muzzy hunting

Nova

would you use a buck or doe this time of year. I have an open buck tag and can still get one more doe. Or would it be no decoy at all. Late season changes things alot, but the second rut should be here soon. Thanks for the advise.

Do not use a decoy during the muzzleloader season! There is always a possibility that someone who thinks they can shoot deer at 200 yard will take aim at your decoy and actually be lining you up as well. This can happen on private (tresspassers can be anywhere.) as well as public ground. You may not see them or have a chance to warn them that they are sighting in on a decoy before they pull the trigger. Deer decoys should only be used by archers or the DNR in a poacher trap. I have never heard of anyone getting shot due to a decoy but i would NOT take the chance, and yes I do use a decoy during archery hunts when there is no open firearms season open.