• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

PRIOR ICE?

crappieflop1212

hey 1212, i was gonna stop by there tonite on my way home.

i'm all ready to go out this weekend! somewhere? later Dogg

I'm gonna check paradise bay tonight. That always seems to lock up quick. Hope she's ready by Saturday.

The lake is iced over but when I checked last night I found only 1/2" of ice near shore. The ice may be thicker in Paradise Bay as there was some ice there last weekend. Be careful as the wind, rain, and ice do not make the best ice making conditions. However, if the weather stays as predicted I would say that Paradise Bay and the bay off of 21 may be ready this weekend.

Hey Lucky Dog, You wanna try over by your lucky spot out on Sunday afternoon/early evening? I'll be up with my portable Saturday but have plans Sat evening already.

sounds good to me Korn, your in! i checked that area today

and found 1 1/2" near shore and by sand point access there

was 1". lower P was still open in the main lake but all the

bays were iced over. all of upper P was froze. Korn, call

with a time that works on sunday. i may prefish that area

in the morning if i can't sleep on saturday! later Dogg

Checked the lake last night at 9:00 and the lower portion of main lake, which is the portion of the lake north of the 21 bridge, was wide open with waves lapping the shore. Paradise Bay still had ice cover but I did not check the thickness. It appears pretty calm today so perhaps the ice will set up on main lake. I will check again tonight and post tonight or tomorrow.

Paradise bay was all locked up. Might be ready Sunday. I don't think I've got the balls to try it though.

Lucky Dogg and Korn-Fish...................You boys better give me a call if ya get out.

952-221-4087.

Just don't stand next to the fat guy on thin ice.

sure thing WWG. Ill give ya a shout. I was also thinking about that other lake you mentioned a couple years ago for pike.

So whos walking out there first? shocked.gif

Checked the ice this morning. Approximately 1 1/2" of ice adjacent to shore on north end of lake. Open water remains near the island in front of the sportsman access with numerous geese helping to keep it open. There are additional areas open as well so the main lake is not safe yet. Paradise Bay may be safe but I did not walk over from my beach to test.

Where is Paradise Bay in relation to Sand Point Beach?

Is the ice on Upper Prior fishable yet?

Thanks!

Checked out upper, lower, paradise bay.

there may be inch and 1/2 to 3 inches but it's the worst ice I have seen in years. I've been out on 2 inches many of times. But I don't think I would even try it until 4-5 inches with this kind of ice. It's going to be a crappy winter with a start like this!!!!!!

Agree on the ice conditions. I checked the main lake last night and broke through 2 1/2' inches of ice approximately 10' from shore. I saw no one fishing Paradise Bay. Hopefully the ice will set up this week with the cold nights but I'm going to be really cautious.

have to wait and see - ice is really poor on spring as well - guy on my street went in this weekend but was able to get out on his own. even the crazy sledders are staying off...... speaking of pike holes - got a new one for ya WWG! makes your pond look huge!

Where is paradise bay.....my office is on the lake and I am wondering if that is the official name of the bay that it is on....I walked out on the floating dock today and it didn't budge (I was even jumping on it) But still some spots close to shore that look pretty shoty...Is Paradise the bay closest to 13 and 42 intersection????

Paradise Bay is just outside and to the north of where your speaking of. The bay you speak of actually dried up in the late 80's. I live just off of the Rustic Road which is just past your office which is off of Boudin. The bay your on freezes up first every year as it is only 3' deep and sheltered from the wind. We shovel a rink on this bay. Paradise Bay is about 20' deep and a good panfish bay. You could walk to it from your office. Watch out going through the channel however as this does not freeze up as quickly.

was out tonight- monday

still only 2-1/2" with less in some areas

Fishing was slow- lost something of nice size and 1 perch

Lucky Dogg...WWG!!!! ARe you ready smile.gif It's Game on time.

Lucky, when did you leave the "street" on Saturday? It's all still a bit blury to me smile.gif Don't know when I left. crazy.gif

hey Korn, i was out last nite on about 4" of white ice! feels funny, chipped out a nice hole with little trouble. would like to go out at nite if ya got the time! you to waste water! i already got the ok for the boss. so it's Game On! what will it be this year? 3 for me, and 1 for you! as for what time i left the street ..... all i no is that i made it home and fell asleep in the ice house, but woke up in the family room. not much has come back to me yet, i think i was do home around 7ish, so i must of left around 630ish. so do you like to be dominated too ? and be tossed around a little? L does! later Dogg

kurtkwe...or others......Is the channel out of the bay safe to drive through at any time of the year....I was thinking of having my company host a ice tourney with BBQ and such in the parking behind my office.....but would want to make sure it is safe to drive through that channel so participants would have easy access to the other parts of the lake, but we would have lots of the festivities in the parking lot behind my office....

Lucky - How does Thursday afternoon/evening work for you? I plan on leaving work early on thursday and giving it a try.

WWG----- What, are you the only one working today :P

I could be on the lake by 3:30 or 4:00 on Thurs.

Let me know.

Later, Johnny

I do not ever recall seeing anyone driving through the channel with a vehicle. I know snowmobile and atv traffic is very common. The depth of the water in the channel is only 3-4'. I would suggest drilling a several test holes prior to your contest to be sure its safe to drive through. Depending on the snow depth you would have to plow a road as well. My suggestion is to drive on at the sportsman access on the Northwest corner of the lake when the ice is safe. There is usually a road plowed out to Paradise Bay or at least a path to follow. Set up a few houses and have some snowmobiles to shuttle your guests out to the homes. It's really a short walk as well. You can also drive them out to the end of Boudin street and then they only have a 100 yard walk to the houses.

Any one heading out tommorrow night? I was thinking of giving it a shot. Does anyone know how the ice is off sand point beach? I'll be out in a voyager driving a red F250, stop by and say hello.

Went out last night, caught plenty of crappies. They were hitting until 1 AM. Then they shut down. Great size crappies for paradise bay too. I was very happy with my first outing. Can't wait to get back out.