• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hot lures

k-rudy

I am from southern MN and plan on coming up to URL the end of December. Does anyone have any advise on what kind and color lures the pike and crappies like? Is the fishing any good at the end of December?

Use search with lures or jigs for the Upper Red Lake Forum. Much of what you want to know is already there.

When we went up there last year, Kelly gave my #2 son some (Contact US Regarding This Word) lures that he had blessed. The kid outfished me horribly and refused to share the jigs. Because of Kelly, I've had to change me will. grin.gifgrin.gif HINT: They glowed red.

The censored word was Peter, Henry,Edward, Larry,Peter,Sam and the lures were glow tubes, fished with Ice Buster bobbers cut to just barely hold the lure and minnow up. Anything jigged that night just spooked them.Finesse was the key. It took me a while to catch on to that. tongue.gif