• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I hope to fish the west end within the next week or so. Would early season walleyes tend to be shoreline or reef oriented? Is there any general pattern to follow for walleye location as the season progresses?

Mike,

I don't fish the West end, but try fishing either sharp rocky breaks into deep water, or 12' to 18' sand flats.

If you know of a good 12' or deeper weedline, that may be a killer spot early in the season!

Mike, If your fishing the Western end of Vermillion I would suggest Hibbing point. I have had luck there for walleyes in every season. I have caught the majority of my walleyes through the ice in 14-16 feet. If you head around the corner towards moosebirds try to find the sand bar between the point and the island (around 18 ft i beleive). goodluck

there is a bunch of deep water to fish on the west end...deep hole will have some walleyes as well as crappies....also in wake-em-up bay ..as well as head-o-lakes bay....the sharp breaks near the deeper water will also have some fish....the crappies will act spring like at times..pretty shallow...muskie and pike should be around the weeds....the walleyes will be off the weedlines a bit...good luck and have fun....