• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ground Blinds

Studer

I just bought an Ameristep Roundhouse ground blind and was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with these?? I have used it once so far and really see some nice benefits of using one such as concealed movements and scent. Just curious how, when, and where these work best. Thanks in advance!!!

I've got 2 of the cheaper type, more like a teepee. I've had them set out in the wide open without a tree around for 1/2 mile and I have stuck them on the edge of the swamp and either way they don't seem to alarm the deer at all, pheasants come within feet of the blind.

Dad was on the deer stand last nite, one of my blinds were about 200 yards to the west of him and the deer walked right past it. My cousin was in the other one on Sunday nite and had a 6 pt buck 18 yards away just eating with no fear at all.

Throw in a little propane heater and it's pretty cozy this time of year.

Mike