• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Emily/Outing Area Ice

How's the ice on the smaller lakes in the Emily/Outing area looking? I may venture up this weekend, and I was hoping for a chance to hit the ice smile.gif.

I can give you an up to the minute update on a small lake by walker, it usually is the first one to freeze and with all the wind Sunday to Tuesday it finally froze Tuesday night when the wind died and it was around 5 degrees, it's supposed to be about zero all week for lows up by Walker so in my mind I wouldn't go out but you make the call. I get nervous this time of year.

I did get out for about an hour and a half on Sunday on a small lake near Outing. There was about 7" of ice on the lake, and we pulled in a few crappies.

I left Outing on Mon. South end of Rossi still open. North end ice covered 1 week. 1 guy on Lawrence on Sat. One small house on papoose. Where in that area would there be 7 inches of ice last weekend? I don't want the name of the lake but as of last weekend I would not even think Big rice would have 7 inches.

Small lake, under 120 acres. Not spring fed or anything like that. We drilled through in a few places and it was 7" give or take.

Have you ever hit Papoose on ice? been meaning to for years now but heard only dinky crappies and norderns for the most part, did catch one of the biggest bass of my life on that lake though early in the spring crappie fishing from shore.

• 2 weeks later...