• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

'06 MN SPRING TURKEY!!! - Deadline Passed

HateHumminbird

Got mine done yesterday....freaks me out being that close though. I was on pins and needles all day. What if the truck broke down and a blizzard hit? Too much to risk. grin.gif

Joel

It depends on the season you applied for. If you applied for an early season your chances aren't as good as applying for a later season. More people apply for the earlier seasons. The first year I applied I was drawn, but I applied for one of the last seasons to up my chances of being drawn. If you don't get drawn this year you will have a better chance next year.

You can call the DNR and they will send you a report of how many people applied for each season in your area of interest.

It can help you predict where your best possible odds are for the coming year.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well I wait to the last minute but got it done.

Now I'll have to distract myself with a couple months of ice fishing to pass the time until the DNR notifies me of my spring status. wink.gif

I Got-R-Done as well but Grandpa missed the date. He thought it was the 6th for some reason? Let me tell you that he is not very happy right now. grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time applying for spring turkey and just wondering if anyone knows when (approx) the winners will be notified??

Notification will be sent out by February 15, 2006.

You can also check the internet

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/turkey/springhunt2006.html

to see if you were chosen. This is usually posted a couple of days prior to getting the mailed notification, probably due to the mail.

Side note. I was getting ready for bed and realized it was the last day for me to get registered for the 2006 spring hunt. By the time I got the PC turned on and the info entered I had 32 minutes to go, otherwise I'd be too late. My memory is good but it's sure is short.

Notification will be sent out by February 15, 2006.

You can also check the internet

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/turkey/springhunt2006.html

to see if you were chosen. This is usually posted a couple of days prior to getting the mailed notification, probably due to the mail.

Side note. I was getting ready for bed and realized it was the last day for me to get registered for the 2006 spring hunt. By the time I got the PC turned on and the info entered I had 32 minutes to go, otherwise I'd be too late. My memory is good but it sure is short.