• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nightcrawlers in Late November

I forgot about this until now. On Monday Nov 28th, as I was going to work at about 8am it was pouring down rain. I think it was about 40-45 degrees out if I remember correctly. Maybe a tad warmer. I was putting my shoes on and looked out the front door window at the rain and notice what looked like 3 night crawlers out on my sidewalk in front of the house. I got in my Jeep and backed into the driveway and sure as sin there were about 10 nightcrawlers hanging out on my driveway.

This morning, before work I got the push broom out to clear the scuff of snow from the driveway and it looks like I must have ran over one of the nightcrawlers because it was just sitting there, looking awefully cold.

I'd say the one you saw this AM is history and no longer would be useful as bait....except perhaps in that puddle neat your home. Got ice there yet? You should be able to begin setting up out there by early next week and practice catching sunfish. Maybe a bass. lol

All I have ever caught using worms after the ice sets is roughies. Go see Jim and buy a tub of waxies. And then order some eurolarva from Vados. You'll then be primetime.

Hey it was a crawler that was the bait of choice that won a buddy an ice fishing contest at the Manor pit. It was the biggest fish of the day. He was using a tip up and a whole crawler.

What kind of fish was it? A big 'ol bugle nose trout!

The crawler I found was hard as a rock. Its now a lawn 2-piece lawn ornament.

There are around 500-800 honkers on Willow, trying their darndest to keep it open. For the most part its froozen, except for a 50 yard circle where the geese are sitting. I havn't checked it for thinkness, but I was totally open on Sunday and Monday.