• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone has been down to check the ice by McKinley Park. Any chance of makin it out by the beginning of next week?

We had 2 days of rain and just got 6 inches of snow last night. frown.gif

Not very good for making ice! It is supposed to get colder all week though so we might get some ice by then. confused.gif

Cliff

We got lucky!!! laugh.gif

Almost all of the snow that fell absorbed the rain that was on top of the ice and refroze! We now have around 4" to 5" of ice on Big Bay out in front of the McKinley Park Landing.

I went out around 1,000 yards and the ice was still fairly solid. There was around 3 inches of snow-ice and 2 inches of clear hard ice.

I will be out fishing on Friday!! grin.gif

Cliff

Very Cool. I was planning to go up early Sat morning and walk out. Let us know ice conditions if you aren't to busy slaying the walleyes!!!

Thats what I like to hear! Thanks for the info Cliff. Im hoping to be up there sometime the beginning of next week. (gotta work all weekend.) frown.gif Good luck on Friday! grin.gif

I got out on Thursday!

Plenty of safe walking ice, 5", where I fished on Big Bay.

The first walleye I iced was a 19 incher! laugh.gif

Unfortunately, it was the last one until 300pm. confused.gif

I moved 3 times and finally around 3:00 until 4:15 I iced 4 more and lost another at the hole.

All were caught on a Gold Angel Eye spoon baited with a rainbow minnow or minnow head. 19' of water.

Cliff

Got out Saturday and Sunday with easy limits coming both days along with 4 beautiful eel pout. There was a car and a truck driving around of McKinley Park yesterday but I would not recomend it. In a total of 4 hours of fishing I brought 52 walleyes through the ice, biggest one was 22". You had to sort through them to keep 6 above 15" though. Best start to the year I have ever had on Vermilion.

Great to hear guys! I was hoping to get out today but doesnt look like its going to happen. I think I am going to shoot for wednesday though. See ya on the ice! grin.gif