• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anti theft for retracs

blue_healer_guy

Question

With all the thefts recently, anyone got any homemade ideas they would like to share. I'm thinking of something with chains and a lock?

13 answers to this question

I built a house several years ago. I have a split tongue which you can lower the house without disconnecting from the truck. The pivot pins are 3/4 solid pins which can easily be removed and take the tongue home with you. It would take some effort to steal this house. Also the leaf springs when the house is lowered are not attached inside the tube and slide out easily. Hope this works. Locks and chains are subject to a good bolt cutter.

cliffy's method has proven to be the best so far ...I used to think a 22-250 with a good spotter was better..however they never knew what hit em and with the glock there looking right at it..

fishhook, I have the same but I don't think my pin is removable (welded). Cliffy, is that the device that is like putting another ball into the tongue? If it is I saw them at cabelas and wasn't sure about there effectiveness.

I've seen them at Cabela's too. Only, they are not like putting another ball in the tongue, it's more like putting a bullet in the forehead wink.gif

Careful cliffy that balanced the line wink.gif

policeline1.gif

Ops, sorry, I apologize. Just trying to throw a little police humor into the mix. again sorry.

MJ if you want want you can leave the key with me, it will be under 24 hour coverage, but the l.p. may need to be filled more often. grin.gifcool.gifsmirk.gif

I don’t mean to hijack this thread...but I am curious why my apology was edited? confused.gifconfused.gif

Quote:

Ops, sorry, I apologize. Just trying to throw a little police humor into the mix. again sorry.

It wasn't edited Cliffy. wink.gif

Thanks Chuck...but I coulda swore I wrote something else in there besides what is currently showing. I must be getting older...first thing to go..or at least that is what I am told........

Anti thieft is great, but look into insurance. I live in an apt. and if my ice house is stolen it is covered. So is all my stuff in my apt. It costs about $10 per month. The best is not to have it taken in the first place, but if it is taken, a nice check can help to replace the stuff.

ya no the sad thing is that we have to worry about anti theft stuff, what has this world come too, i mean come on people why do you break in to houses or steal the hole house? is this stuff that valuable to these people and so expensive that you cant afford to buy your own stuff? seems to me that there are to many people that are ruining the sport and making the honest people lock up all there stuff because there are people out there looking for a quick buck seems awfull stupid to me. real sportsman and fisherman know that they can trust in one another to not mess with others houses and i think that you should be able to leave your house open and not have to worry about whos arround, its not your house what is in it is none of your business so leave it alone, sorry for venting everyone, but i find it rediculous that peopl ebreak in to fish houses like there going to find gold or something, i personnaly dont have a permenant any more, i had one when i lived on the range and i let my brother in law boarrow it for the winter when i mover to st. cloud and someone broke in to it tore it all up and for nuthin there was nuthin in it but a wood stove and shovel... what a haul huh!! any way i hop eyou all find a way to anti thft your houses and if nuthin else you can always go with the "glock" aproach as someone said good luck to all

the only thing thats going to happen using a glock to secure an unattended fishhouse is that the glock will get stolen too!! and i dont believe i have ever heard of an occupied shack being burglarized.

personally i'd go with something more effective and less dirty harry!! wink.gif