• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

stfcatfish, Surface Tension and anyone else-

I went out at noon today and checked the Ice at Fourmile.

All that rain and the 48 degree weather really put a damper on my plans!!!

Any way, I punched a hole with my spud about 10 feet from shore and popped a chunk of ice out. The warm weather and rain weakened the ice. Almost looked like it was heading toward honeycomb. It is solid 3" with soft ice on top. I think before the warm up and rain it was solid 4 1/2" to 5".

Hopefully, it will freeze up good tonight and stop snowing.

Going to check out Crescent tommorro and maybe fish.

Later, David

Hard:

I think with the lighter than expected snow and the lows in single digits around zero and teen highs, we'll be looking good again by week's end. I took a good look at Shag today, and there's just not much snow out there. They got a lot more in Tower. The snow/rain line sort of dangled between Tower and Ely last night for several hours.

Let us know how you do on Crescent. Just the truth now, no fish stories. grin.gif

was out on boulder this afternoon and the ice looked good, some small area's of slush built up on top of the ice but the rest was about 5 in of good black ice. fishing was slow with me getting blanked and porter getting 2 eyes and a perch. I was also pretty steamed when my brand new lowrance x67 crapped out on me. it went to a blank white screen that said,"computer corupted contact service team." Long story shore, i returned it and got a marcum. now northlander can't make fun of me and my flasher anymore. grin.gif

Quick, where I like to fish eyes on Bolulder would be one heck of a hike from the landing. Were you walking or take the sled?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

HardH2O, with the latest temps the lakes should bounce back from the rains and warm up. I almost glad it was all rain and not 2' of snow on the new ice. I replied to your email but from the looks of it your already on your trip.

Good Luck and be careful.

we walked out of silver fox lodge and found the break on the main lake side of the little rock island there. not abad walk at all. still need a bit more cold before i bring the sled out.

Ok Ill say it. I TOLD YA SO! I guess some guys just have to learn the hard way Quick. What are your plans for the next few days? I may be able to sneak out for a bit. Call my cell.

Steve, I think Porter, tcumd, pieye, and myself are heading out tommorrow morning, sleepdiver may join us as well once he wakes up. grin.gif I don't know exactly where we are going but i'll give you a call once I know. Actually there is a good chance I could be out the next 4 days at some point or another!!! grin.gif

Got back from the great north this afternoon.

Kids and I went out to Crescent on Wednesday till dark.

Had one bite but it got away. 4 1/2" of solid Ice everywhere.

Went out to Fourmile on Thursday and got skunked again.

Fish were not co-operating.

Ice was 5 1/2 to 6" thick. Wind was cold coming in!!

It was fun to get out anyway. Bad day of fishing beats a good day at work anyday!!

David