• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When do you think we will have good SAFE ice to fish? I think by this weekend if we get some cold calm nights and not too much snow. Just getting the itch really bad.

Browning83, I will have to agree with you on that one. If it stays cool on maybe the wind could let up just enough for the lakes to freeze then we should get some ice that will hopefully be walkable by Saturday or Sunday. Lows in the single didgets and highs not much higher than 20 should be excellent for making a good solid sheet of 4+ inches of ice.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't count on any ice being safe enough for fishing this weekend. There is a possibility but I would be surprised. If you do venture out, be very careful!

bring the ice on now, I got my dock out on sunday blush.gifgrin.gif and fish houses pointed toward the lake. cool.gifcool.gif

Not making any gaurentees, but I think by sunday there will be enough ice for me to venture out on a small lake close to home. last year it only took 3 days of temps like this and we were out there, hoping this year will be the same. Don't do anything stupid though just be the first one out, that waters cold and I don;t know if anyone will be crazy enough to come get you out of it.

Be safe

Im guessing that by Mon or Tues next week there will be just enough ice for me to venture out. What lakes does everyone plan on hitting first? Im thinking Eagle lake, then move to washington by next weekend

I'm with you mrsloppy....probably hit up eagle then hopefully washington soon after that. It is actually pretty pathetic....I actually drove over to eagle tonight to see if there was a skim of ice yet....I need to find a hobby or something while this ice takes its time.

As of 11-29-05 Washington was 90% open. Mud bay was about half frozen. The winds have kept it open. This morning there was a lot more, but for the most part it was still open. Venturing on Washington this weekend would be dangerous at best. If it does not get above 20 during the day the rest of the week, gets below 10 at night, and we do not get the snow that is predicted, you might have a chance early next week. That is a lot of if's and Washington has a way of getting people wet! I live on Washington so I'll keep you posted the best I can.

I checked out a couple of lakes here in Waseca county and every lake that I checked had ice all across the lake. Clear Lake in Waseca had 1 1/4" of ice and another that I checked had almost 2" of good solid ice. These lakes were completely open yesterday and made this much ice with temps in the middle teens for lows. If we get the cold weather down into the single didgets I would think the ice should be at least 4" by the weekend. This also depends on the snow that we get tonite confused.gif

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!

Yes tetonka got hard last night, I looked at 12 and there were small waves but you could see the ice forming, live will be good in the neiborhood sooner than you think!! grin.gif

Last Sunday before the rain I went out on ice at Walnut Lake. There was 3" but it varied a lot. Unfortunitly the Walleye were not biting. This weekend Lura or Eagle should be good to go.

Went out to check some of the smaller local lakes around mankato this mourning. Eagle,Balantyne,Duck,and Madison were all froze over although Madison looked like it may have had a couple of small open spots way out in the middle. I did not go out prepared to try to walk out any kind if distance but busted through at shoreline to see how thick looked to be about two inches close to shore. Southern shoreline had alot of ice that washed up and froze I suppose during the stronger winds sunday monday before it got colder. Hoping to go out by next wednesday or following weekend.

I'll be headed out to Clear lake by New ulm, ventured about 100 yds out today, 2 1/2 to 3 inches of ice right now.

Great ice reports guys. Keep them coming. This is just another way to ensure that everyone has a safe (and successful) early ice season.

Be careful and have fun!

The ice on a small lake by me was 3 inches out about 75 yards and i didnt venture out any further.The lake did have 3 small open holes 2 days ago but with these temps I would say I will be pulling in the eyes in 2 days.Good luck to all this winter and be carefull.

Anybody have any reports on the ice around Faribault? I was out pheasant hunting last weekend around Fox Lake and a majority of the lake was still wide open.

Ive been watching a small, shallow lake not far from home and it is 5 inches about 50-75 yards out. A little farther out it is 2 inches out and that wasnt where the ice was open 3 days ago.As much as I want to go fishing,the ice is not uniform at all.

Clear lake by New Ulm has almost 3 inches. The other day it was about 2 1/2 inches. Its been cold enough that it should have made more than 1/2 inch in 48 hours. But I guess the snow has a lot to do with it. May try to go out fishing tomorrow, but I'm not gonna push it.

Ive heard that there should be some nice size walleyes in clear lake this year,do to low fishing pressure and low water at ramp. not many people fishing during summer months.

Ya there is nice walleyes in there. Last year early ice i caught 3 that were 19 inches or better. but that was all i caught all year. It seems all the walleyes caught out of clear are 16+ inches. Fishing pressure was low this year becuase out from the landing the water is only about 5 inches deep and you can;t launch any big boats.