• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is there anybody that ice fishes around the Cannon Falls area or lives around the area?

I have fished Byllseby a couple times from shore but did not catch anything...Have been told there is fish right up next to the dam on both sides of the lake

czl...

I don't know a lot about that area, but have heard that Byllsbye is about it, or the Miss.River, other than some control reservoirs east of Hiway 52. Not overly far from there is the Lake Zumbro to the south near Oronoco which delivers some very good pannie action with an occasional northern, muskie, and catfish. Rochester boast quite a few reservoirs filled with fish from pannies to trout. The trip is 45 minutes or there abouts.

GBG.....Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com! We are always greatful for the addition of new voices with new perspectives and ideas! Thanks for coming on deck and again, welcome!

I live fairly close to Cannon Falls.I've never ice-fished Byllseby...I've never heard of a good enough bite to get me down there.As Tom said,the backwaters of the Mississippi,Zumbro and the Faribault area lakes are usually my destinations close to home.

hey troutman i work at the cenex store in cannon falls im sure u know were that is ive been fishing bylsby for about 3 years now and it can produce a hot bite. thier is a layer on thier now and its building as we speak

I live in the red wing area and have never fished lake Byllseby. I do have a couple of buddies that have an house on it, but i never made over there this last year. I heard it was a great start of the year with a slow finish.