• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Last Weekend MN Season = Success!!

I just had to post these photos... Spur of the moment duck hunting trip turns into a goose slaughter!!

I went home for the Thanksgiving weekend to NW MN. I was hoping for a full weekend of waterfowling but nearly every inch of water up there was frozen over. My brother convinced me to head out to one of the only open lakes and look what happened!

1 flock = 4 downed Giants! Simply Awesome!!

3" Federal #2 shot at 35 yards or so overhead brought these babies down! We were hunting ducks otherwise I would have brought something else along for shot (BB or BBB).

In light of another current thread- Remington .870 Wingmaster 12 gauge on the left that I've been shooting since I was 15.

chrismikegoose13kt.jpg

chrismikegoose27em.jpg

Awesome Hanson,

I can't believe I missed your call. Just kidding! Great Job. Nice photos too.

Tom W

Tom-

If you were in the area, I would have called!

I failed to mention that "flock" had over 150 birds in it as it came over the top of us. The more guns the better in this situation. We weren't hunting geese, and honestly weren't expecting them. We were sitting over 2 dozen bluebill dekes hoping for a stray bufflehead or goldeneye when this flock lifted off the north end of the lake. We knew there were geese out there because of the chatter we heard but couldn't pinpoint their location. This flock lifted off and flew directly at us. My brother and I threw quick comments at each other and the flock was then in our wheelhouse.

Sometimes, its better to be lucky than good and this was one of those situations. grin.gif

Never did see a duck other than the hen bufflehead floating around by the boat ramp.