• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fifth time poster but long time reader of this forum and in particular the B-Dub/Ely area. I got very lucky and now have access to a small place on White Iron Lake. I would like to use it as a home base and do a little ice fishing there but I haven't a clue! I know the mid-lake(?) humps and the area around Bear Grease Island are good spots in open water, what about for ice fishing? If someone could steer this newbie in the right direction or provide any info I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

NoMiss

NoMiss:

Welcome as a member, after a long and (hopefully fruitful) stint as a viewer. grin.gif

Good news that you've gotten access to a cabin in God's country. I have little hands-on knowledge of fishing the White Iron Chain. My travels have taken me to other lakes with easier populations of walleye to get ahold of (like Shag!).

But there are folks here who know the W.I. chain, and should help you out. Good luck, and good fishing.