• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need fish house floorplan idea's

sandcarp

Question

I am building an 8' X 20' (front four feet is a "V" and it has to have doors for an ATV in the back.

I would like some workable ideas

9 answers to this question

SandCarp- Welcome to FishingMinnesota and hope you enjoy your stay with us!

If I'm not mistaken, there were a few threads as the ice fishing itch started months ago. Take a look here Equipment- Expert Information and do a search in there on floor plans.

I'd love to give help, but when it comes to a permanent fish house I'm no help....sorry. Though you'll find plenty of help here and never feel afraid to ask.

Welcome!!

When I built my 16'crank down, one of my main objectives was to have some holes at each end of the house. If my house is 16'long, I want holes as close to 16' apart as possible so I can cover more surface area within the house. And if you locate a sharp break, you can fish multiple elevations from one house set. So many of the floor plans I see have bunks or counters on the end walls. They're hole clusters are sometimes no further apart than the hole pattern of my 6'x 8' portable! ???

Just my opinion.......Good luck!

Great idea sky, only drawback is if carp wants bunks. Putting bunks the length of the house is also a space eater. IMO

I have an 8 x 22 on wheels I designed and won 2nd place overall for the design from the Minnesota Windsor Whiskey Contest in 2000 and was on display in St Paul. My floor is 3.5 inches off the ice which keeps holes open and neck and back strain down, no one faces the corner or wall when you fish, everyone faces each other. Kitchen, bath, sink, TV etc... 12 holes and sleeps 6. I think I still have most of the plans I drew up here in a folder and most of the materials list. The whole thing is steel and will never come apart, and is lighter than most any wood one I've ever come across in that size. Email me if intersted in my design or pics. capt joel @fishontheline .com

joel, any chance you will share all of that with me as well,,Id like to make something close to that this summer..

Email me. If you want the info. Lots to share, most is in drawings and I'll have to copy it for you and send it the old way. The other stuff is on the computer, and you wont be able to open it on yours because you need the program.

Thanks Joel for the plans...I received them yesterday. I like that new 16 footer. Thanks again.