• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

No Respect from the Vikings from Buck and Aikman

Down to Earth

Anybody watch the Packer-Eagles game? When they were talking about the Eagles they thought that with this win and some momentum they were bring up playoff chatter for the team on multiple occasions during the game. Then they bring up the NFC North, and its only Chicago, only 1 team from the NFC North making the playoffs. I think the Vikes have a pretty favorable schedule ahead and if they catch a few breaks here and there from other teams losing, I don't see why they can't make it in as a wild card team.

Maybe this year instead of starting off like a rocket and fading at the end they will do the reverse. Come out of the gate slow and finish strong for a playoff run.

Yeah, I heard that too. Not a lot of respect for a team 2 out of 1st place and one out of the wildcard spot. Not to meantion the 2nd hottest team in the NFL!

The Vikes still have a lot to prove. But Aikmen has never been very impressive either.

I don't think Buck is a big fan of MN was he not the one who called the Moss mooning and made it way bigger then it ever should have been on national TV

I would say the Vikes probably have to do a little more than win a couple of games to get any respect from the football fans in America, not just Mr. Buck.

Even winning every game might not bring that back real soon.

Ah, but our good friends in 'sconnie, the packers, are going to sweep the bears and injure all of their key players before we play them in January. Brett Favre is 15-3 against the Bears since 1996. He has always destroyed the bears, even when they were good. You can count on a packers sweep of the bears in december. The hated and vile, repugnant cheeseheads will be our salvation. The bears will fall, and the Vikes will lose only one or two games. They will take the division and advance to the NFC title game. There they will score an improbable win. The cinderella story of the 00's.

Unfortunately Favre has never faced a Bears Defense this good. I would be estatic if we even pulled off a split. I will get some satisfaction that if for only 2 games, the Viking faithful will be rooting for the old Green and Gold. GO PACK!

Shark,

You've seen that team, would you want to count on them? Unless of course, you were planning a bachelor party!!! Things are looking mighty fine here on the Southside of Chicago. Sox-World Series champs, sign Thome for a song, sign Konerko for 5 years. Bears-1st place, best defense, playoff bound. Bulls-4 game winning streak, turning things around. Looks to be a very merry Christmas here in the "toddling town". DA BEARS and YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES!

hey blow bag windy- you should just talk about your illinios sports on illinios fishing.com...... oh yeah thats right there isnt one.

Ha.. Bears suck

Uh-Ohhh,

The Hamer's got his "rabbit ears" on! Come on Hamer, sing with me...BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!!! Or maybe, WE ARE THE BEARS SHUFFLIN CREW!

DA BEARS!

hehe, yeah well i think the bears need to take a trip with the vikes on lake michigan "fishin".

Still crowin' about my beloved Pale Hose, Hollywood. Now that they signed Thome and Konerko, there is nothing much more to talk about, other than where we will have the World Series parade in 2006 so my attention has now turned to the MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY....DA BEARS!

Hollywood,

You need to realize that Windy is the epitomy of a fair weather poster. He wasn't here when the Bears were 1-3 because there is no opportunity to brag when your team is losing. Notice he wasn't around at all on the football forum last year. If you follow the baseball forum at all you'd well aware of his patterns. At first it can be kinda annoying, but after awhile you learn to just ignore it.

Back to the original post RE: Buck and Aikman. The Buck family has hated Minnesota since the Twins beat the Cards in '87.