• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Archery Shops

JoeTC

What are some good archery shops around the metro? I live in maple grove and have been going to compound doctor in white bear lake but would like to find someplace closer. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joe

Bwana Archery may be the most highly regarded bow shop in the cities, it is in St. Paul. You can also go to the Gander Mountains and check in with those guys... I know the one by my house in Lakeville has an indoor shooting range with guys that will help you get set up or whatever you need.

I've been going to Bwana lately because Compound Docter has been closed for awhile now. I'm not fully confident with the knowledge of the staff at Gander Mountains, but you may get lucky. There's also Capra's, Sportsmans wharehouse and Cabela's.

I would go to A-1 archery in Hudson good shop. I have tried there after the Compound doctor closed. I will drive for better help. Would not recommend Bwana Archery to any. Too many errors with some simple things on my bow and many horror stories about others. Go to Gander in Forest lake they have some good help and the new Woodbury shop also has some people that know what they are doing.

I can say that the full-time guy at Gander in MG is very knowledgeable. He's helped me many times. Of course his name is avoiding me right now, but anyone there will know him.

It's a drive from Maple Grove, but it's worth the drive to Schaffer Performance Archery in Burnsville. I too was a Compound Dr. regular, and was dissapointed that Mr. Redmond mad.gif closed my favorite archery shop.

So I shot the same Hoyt for years because I couldn't find a quality shop that met my needs. Then one day I was on the Hoyt website and looked up the "where-to-buy" section, and I saw his shop. I think what impressed me the most about Schaffer Performance Archery is this:

When I walked into the shop for the first time, he didn't ask if he could help me, he extended his hand and said "Hi, my name is John. Take a look around, and if you see something that you would like to shoot let me know." No sales pressure. Just two guys talking shop about archery. Just like it used to be with Ron, Keith, or Lee.

I have to second the recommendation of Schaffer. I just know they are quite a ways form MG.