• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Suggestions and advice for trip please

My son and I are making our 4th consecutive journey to lake of the woods to ice fish the first weekend in January. We were discussing our plans over turkey and have some questions that you folks may be able to help us with. We usually do 2 days at lotw and one day at url. We travel 13 hours one way to get to lotw from northern indiana. We ice fish here in Indiana but the season is much shorter. We have our own one man fish traps and a power auger and are always tempted to bring our own gear. Traditionally, we stay at Arenson's, Walleye Retreat or Morris Point but are thinking about staying at a local hotel and doing our own thing. So, if we bring our own gear, do we need special licenses for our ice shelters? If so, how costly are they? It is probably more practical to use the local facilities but human nature makes you want to explore a bit. Also, it is possible that we may have an extra day. Can you think of any other bodies of water to ice fish up that way? Thanks for your thoughts!

Non Resident season fish house lic. $33.00

Non Resident 7 day lic. $19.00

Than you will be all set to fish Red Lake also with your portable. good luck but might want to get your rooms all set at the hotels they fill up fast also.

hey if u go out on your own and babbler`s road is open this year....thats the ticket.i just hope its open