• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Flasher question

wellsupplyguy

Question

I own a lx-3 and I want to buy my daughter a flasher so I dont have to keep sharing mine in the fish house. Ever since Ibought the flasher she has fell in love with wanting one of her own,So Im wondering if I should stay with the same brand or is it allright to by a vex.I am wondering about the Interference part of the deal.

6 answers to this question

I have had nothing but good experiences with my Vex FL-8. I often find myself in a crowded fishing neighborhood, and have always been able to tune out any interference. In shallow water I use an S-cable for better performance. If you want the ability to zoom, the FL-18 is a good choice.

well- If I were you, I would jump all over one of last years LX-3's that are on sale all over the internet. You already know how good a unit it is! have a second one, you will not be sorry!

I would stay with the Marcum units. They are better units for the money at any price points, More bang for the buck, nothing wrong with the vex's they are good also, but they don't stack up to the Marcum products. I would go with a new Marcum LX2, it is a new flaser this year. It has a bottom lock zoom just like the Vex Fl-18 but runs for $319, $80 cheaper then The Vex Fl-18. Vex has done nothing to improve their performance over the last few years but Marcum just keeps improving. Good Luck!

I couldn't agree more that the LX-2 would be a great choice for a flasher. All the features of the FL-18 for a much better price, nothing wrong with Vexilar, they just haven't done anything to improve there flasher. Marcum listened to what we, the consumer, wanted and responded, not only with a greatly improved line-up, but also with a better price point.

I agree 100% with Andy. You also dont want the feedback problems that a Vex would get from the Marcums.

What I was most concerned about was the interference problems or feed back.Iwas looking at getting a used unit ,with x-mas coming up and a trip planned for LOW in december with her, things will be a little tight in the wallet . So if money wasnt an object I would definitely get a marcum.