• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4 stroke oil

bmc2b

Question

3 answers to this question

I would not, that 10w stands for winter and if you use a stright 40 weight the oil will be thicker then a 10w in the cold. The 40w will take a little time to warm up and thin out, my thinking is the first couple of seconds you will not have any oil pumping and that could rune your motor. Thats why they tell you what to put in as far as weight oil.

You're on the right track here the 0-40 or 0-30, or 0-whatever is what you might want to consider for winter- ops, it's alot easier for the battery to spin over the motor particularly those little atv batteries. for a regular vehicle engine a 5 or 10-30 would what I would choose for my vehicles with our typical winters. hope this helps alittle. grin.gif