• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I recently purchased a unit at Pelican Lake resort and would like to know how ice fishing is on that lake? Should I bother with it or go right to Minnewaska?

Preference is walleyes & perch!

Which Pelican Lake...by Ashby, or by Minnewaska....if by waska, and you're after 'eyes and perch, I'd suggest going to the big lake. The other Pelican, near Ashby, has some ice on the narrows, a few intrepid anglers have been out. It is usually a good first ice lake for 'eyes and crappies.

Primarily managed for sunfish and largemouth bass....but...walleye are stocked regularly to maintain a bonus fishery. Northern pike are managed as a secondary species. Good numbers and decent size for pike. Fingerling and adult walleye have been stocked regularly...so might be worth a look since it's convenient for you...

check out the stocking and management report on the DNR website.

good luck and good fishing!

a few big crappie lurking around too ice not safe yet but close was out there a few times with the spud bar already!

there are a few springs too so watch the ice on pelican. confused.gif