• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Storing neoprene waders.

Mueller

Question

I posted this question on another forum but need more input. What is the best way to store neoprene waders? Should they be bagged, hung or should I do something else?

Thanks

Mueller

5 answers to this question

I hang mine from the rafters in my garage until they are good and dry, then fold 4uop in a large rubbermaid container with a tight lid to keep the mice out.

I bought a boot hanger (less than $5) when I got the waders. It screws into the wall and holds the waders upside down. I haven't had any problems.

I just make sure mine are dry, then fold them up and put them in the bag they came in and put on the shelf in garage. I've had them since 1992, still no holes or leaks. Since they're plyable and wont wear in the folds like rubber waders I don't know if it really makes a big difference.

I don;t know if neoprene waders acts the same as rubber when it is stored next or close to electrical boxes or appliances, the electric fields will destroy rubber in a short time, I don;t take chances on this, I store mine away from anything electrical. They are hung on a wader rack.

I dry mine out really well then pack them in a garbage bag or other plastic bag and store them in a cool dark corner of the basement. As one guy mentioned, the neoprene is more flexible than the old school rubber waders but the boots are still made from rubber and when exposed to sunlight or electrical items, the ozone WILL effect the rubber boots over time. It's fairly easy to patch a hole in the neoprene itself but patching a crack in a boot is a pain. The best thing is dry them and pack them away until next season.