• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What is your favorite feature of the iFinder?

HaywardBound

Question

I see lots of posts about this unit and the LakeMaster chip. I thought this may help someone looking for information about this unit. Some of mine:

I like the fact that I can find phone numbers for the nearest food, resorts, POI, and stuff like that.

Like having speedo, odometer, and ETA.

Take it from the truck to the boat.

I'll add more when I think of them.

Anything else?

5 answers to this question

The best feature I like about the Lowrance IFinder's is their price. They are the best unit for the money in my opinion.

The iFinder has many commands that are very much like the commands of my Lowrance units that I have on the boat. Great products!

I don't know if anyone agrees with this, but I think the LakeMaster chip on the GPS has more detailed information than an expensive paper map.

What I mean is, I have found flats on Mille Lacs with my GPS that were not on a $15 paper map.

Ok, my favorite feature of the day...is the hidden analog speedometer trick.

I just got mine a short time ago and haven't used it on the water yet. I did go to Oklahoma for 3 weeks and Omaha for a weekend and took it along. The search for places to eat was a great feature when in a strange area. This little feature impressed my wife!! See dear, I got this so I could find new places to take you out to eat. wink.gif

I should read the manual! I didn't know that the restaurant/phone # deal was on there! I've only used mine a few times on the lake though. How do you do these things? What's the analog speedometer trick?