• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Elmo Ciscos?

Roughfisher

Just checked out the DNR Lake Survey Report and was surprised to see good numbers of ciscos showed up in the survey. Has anyone found cisco/tullibee in Lake Elmo? I've been scouring the state for good cisco lakes and have not found any other lakes in the southern half of the state ... so if I could confirm that they are there by hearing from somebody else it would be great.

They're there. I've seen a few in early spring in the shallows. They're very spooky too. Some pretty good size ones too about 18-20" is my guess.

They are actually a lot of fun to catch through the ice. I have only done it a couple of times but they go nuts on the vex when they come through. We were fishing for walleyes one night and saw a blip come through really high and brought the jigging spoon up and it crushed it. We then caught a few more so yeah if you want to try to find them in there it would be worth it. Good luck if you try to get out there.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

Thanks guys I appreciate the reports! I will be out there after them once we get plenty of ice. Cisco are one of my favourite species to go after in the winter.