• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Most larger, deeper lakes still open. I'm not even close to thinking about trying it. Not safe anywhere as far as I'm concerned. Plus we got a few inches of snow today and that doesn't help make good ice.

axel,

As of 11/26, our bay is froze over, but the main lake is 90% open. It's certainly cold enough, but the wind won't lay down, and it doesn't look like it will for several days now.

FLB

The lakes are ready, but as FLB said, the wind needs to cease.

I did use a frozen 60 acre slough to my advantage today for deer hunting, but the main lake this water is attached to is still wide open.

If we can get a couple still nights with 15 degree temps, they'll lock up quick.

I saw a fish house out on a small lake north of Clitherall yesterday.

Holy cripes!

Ice was not all that safe in my driveway this afternoon! Felt like I should have had the creepers on just to walk out and chip off the car. Hard to say what today's freezing rain and tomorrow's expected 6" of snow will do. confused.gif

FLB, MY GRANDPA WAS UP THERE WHEN YOU WERE AND HE LEFT SUNDAY AND HE SAID THE WHOLE LAKE WAS FROZE OVER WHEN HE LEFT. CAN'T WAIT TO GET UP THERE.

Saw a guy fishing Anderson lake yesterday: He walked all the way across confused.gif avoiding openen water! Not for me!

Did see a few people fishing Big Detroit this morning, catching pan fish: Apparently the ice is safe a few feet from shore on Norway, as a lucky young lady who rolled her car onto the ice found out today! The car stayed up allowing her to be pulled to safety! Crazy!!! Be safe out there!

Rush lake has good ice on the east end, the middle was still open as of tues.......so be care full

Pout i know what your thinking about when you talke about that shorline i cant wait to get out there either!

Just a little info, The main lake on Norway was wide open yesterday morning and is now froze over. It froze over in 40 mile per hour winds so yo can imagine what it looks like, not pretty. It might be the roughest ice I have ever seen would probably be better if it opened back up and froze again. If this happened to this smaller lake I'm guessing that the bigger ones didn't fair too well either. Snowmobilers and people with big houses on weaker axels will have problems if they freeze as is.

Does anyone know if big or little pine have froze over yet and if they have if people will be fishing by this weekend?

It's pretty much open water pout

Update...this morning the lake appeared to have iced up! A lot of lakes sealed up last night.

Be careful out there, it will be awhile before it's fishable...we need more cold to make decent ice.

Fish house report: Permanent houses out on Rush Lake, Big Pine, Silver Lake. I would be willing to bet their will be houses on Ottertail this weekend.

Good Luck

2 portables and a snowmobile on deer lake...probably houses on OT by tommorow saturday if not already

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL OF THE POSTS ON THE ICE, IT IS MUCH NEEDED INFO FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE TO DRIVE A LONG WAYS, KEEP THE REPORTS COMING BECAUSE WE ARE ANXIOUS TO COME UP.

I still think I'll wait a bit. Nothing is worth the risk for me. I have a relative who lives on Ottertail and yesterday he walked out to check on the ice. A good 4-5 inches until he found a spot 200 yards out with 1/2". Pickerel still had a spot "steaming" yesterday. It's been cold at night with no or little wind so I'm hoping good ice is being made. As for me, I'll wait.

I THINK I WILL WAIT A LITTLE WHILE AS WELL. I HAVE SOME VACATION DAYS AROUND THE 12TH I THINK THAT WILL BE A GOOD TIME TO MAKE THE FIRST TRIP. SO ANY UPDATES ON ICE CONDITIONS BETWEEN NOW AND THAN ARE APPRECIATED.

3-4 inches on Jewett lake North of Fergus Falls this morning. I definitely wouldnt not be putting out a permanent fish house yet.

There is 11+ on the east end of Rush. A friend said there was full sized vehicles driving around. Now that is crazy.

Hey buddy, I think your friend is stretching it a little. I was out there and I only had 7-8" max. Did see lots of ATV's but no vehicles.

Quite a few houses on the west and east side of Ot i heard they were pouding them out there....this coming weekend i'll be there!...around 4 to 5 inches of ice on OT

Theres got to be a lot of ice being made on the lakes with the temps.

I know I had plenty of ice hanging from my nose while muzzleloading the past 2 days up there. Holy crap! smile.gif