• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild Rice this afternoon??

I'm thinking about checking out ice conditions on Rice this afternoon. Anyone else planning on heading out? JH

You shouldn't have any problems out there, we were out there a couple times last week on stable ice, and the cold weather should have put some more on. Pretty slow fishing though. I'm in the cities for the holiday right now, but I'm gonna try and get back up on sunday with time to fish- not on rice though...

Yeah, no problems at all on Rice. There was a solid 6" all the way out and I walked out about a mile (well into the main basin). It was just gorgeous out there, not even a hint of wind. I didn't manage any walleyes, but must have caught at least 10 northern. I was chasin flags all afternoon! Just a note, as of yesterday at 1pm, Chalstrom's didn't have any chubs. They said they were going to work hard to get some by Sunday, however.

If anybody else is heading out either today or Sunday, let me know, I plan on getting out both days. JH

Green&Gold,

What time do you plan on heading out Sunday and where are you thinking of going? Others have been talking about Fish lake during the day tomorrow but I would have no trouble heading up to rice for a couple hours first thing in the morning. Let me know what you think. Leave a post or e-mail Northlander for my cell number.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

I'm up for Rice Lake early. Call me at home at 399-0192. Cheffrey, Quick, what time are you guys headed out? Are you gonna try Fish Lake? JH

I'm heading out to fish lake tommorrow. If it stays cold like this we'll have sleds out there in no time.

I'll be at the minnow ette at 8am idealy then heading down to highbanks and off to the narrows. Spoke to quick this evening and he will be running a bit late on his end. None the less I will be headed out around that time.

If I don't here from BD110 by around 7:15, I'm gonna head towards the Minnowette and hopefully see you there, Cheffrey. BD110, After 7:15, call me on my cell, 428-3591. JH