• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First Ice Count Down

I believe we are now in the 15 day window of first ice. I would be very interested to hear who gets out first and can report that first fish through the ice for 2005.

I have everthing ready to go and tested. I know when I firt go out I will forget something as I always do but the key things are house, power auger, bait, poles, jigs, headlight, heater, lantern, 1lb propane, and taser.

I think tomorrow I will set the house up in the garage and spark the heater and do a final inspection of the shake to make sure all operational and make any needed corrections.

In the metro it might take a good week and a half if not more.

Good idea on the heater checks, my propane tank is still on the grill smile.gif

I checked out Battle Creek in St. Paul today and found 4 solid inches right off the access. There was open water on the north end of the lake but that is normal. I may try to get out there tomorrow but will be checking the ice with just about every step. For those of you that get out just remember that no ice is safe ice and I hope that you can all get out here before too long.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king