• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gun Cabinet

bklimek

I would like to make my own gun cabinet. I am looking to make a 10 barrel gun cabinet. Does anybody know where I could get my hands on some plans or designs? I have googled this but couldn't find anything. Only found 8 or 6 barrel gun cabinets.

Thanks,

Butch

I'am a cabinetmaker. buildt lots of them, 1st idea is just build the cabinet you saw or liked by making it wider by 2 guns. 2nd idea, draw out a full size pattern of the gun butts or how you want them stand or space in the cabinet, then you can work out all your other measurements. there are lots of pics our there, good luck.

i am accually making one in my woods class. it is only a 6 barrel, but it is a very nice pattern. all you would have to do is alter the plans a little and make it a hair wider. just a thought. email me if you would like a link to the web site i got the plans from. (Contact US Regarding This Word)

Butch, you look like a nice young man and I say good luck in building you gun cabinet. I think if you ask your local High School Industrial Arts teacher they might be able to help you find a plan.

Several years ago my daughter built, in high school, a 13 barrel gun cabinet out of Oak and gave it to me as a present. It is the most beautiful gun cabinet I've ever seen.

Not to discourage, but a note on caution. Displaying

our shooting irons in nice to look at wooden display

cases and cabinets, can be inviting some unwanted

safety concerns. Even the best-made wooden units are no match for the modern gun-safes. We as gun owners, should

do all we can to prevent misuse and accidents from

happening. Trigger locks can go a long way to help

against the accidental discharge incidents. There is a

lot of data supporting that in most cases, you are apt to getting them stolen, and having them end up in criminal's hands if you don't put them up and lock them

up in a safe.

• 2 weeks later...

tumbleweed i agree with you, i've built gun cabs for a very long time, glass only keeps honest people honest. if someone where to break in there going to steal the guns, if it is your kids tigger locks are great, but then you have a another problem. i use to sell lots of gun cabs at the mn. sports show, but slowly people started to buy gun safes and wooden cabs are bought by people that live farther away from high crime cities. men really want to show there guns and or just admire them through the glass, but with there investment, i hate to say it, the only way there safe is in a gun safe. as far as safety I only worry about my kids, criminals are just that, criminials.