• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey, i have a cabin on lake lida and i was wondering if you could still get a boat out on it. My uncle wants to go fishing for one last weekend. We might also go duck hunting if there is enough open water. Thanks for the info.

I was back at Lida yesterday. I noticed the south access by Stoney Bar was ice free....but no dock of course. I saw a couple of people putting boats in. I would assume the North access would be the same..ice free due to the winds we be having. I am not sure about the access in Maplewood State Park.....but I would bet it is open as well....but again, no dock.

thanks for the information. Im not sure if we will get up there this weekend. its still a possibility. im sure he will want to go muskie fishing. so beers might be our option. i wonder if that is open still.

I would guess that it is...at this point. Beers! That d#** lake. I hate it, no I love it, No I hate it, no I love it.

I love to fish beers because its only 5 minutes from parents home on lida....easy to just jump on over. I hate beers because I always see muskies but hardly catch them. I spend 100s of hours on that worthless pond each summer...its truely a love/hate relationship. I started a new love/hate relationship with Big DL the past few years...much better luck on that body of water. grin.gif

were not to far from beers either. we have a cabin right next to maple beach resort, which is on the south side of north lida. i have never caught a muskie out there either. my uncle has caught a few. i think one was 46" it was pretty nice. I think the lake is getting way overfished lately. thats just my opinion.

well, well, well. We are not far apart at all. I grew up on Lida..and my parents still live there. Bagly bay, Kansas point area......if you know where that is....just minutes away from Maple Beach......now you got me thinking of the burgers......... grin.gif

This was the first year I didn’t catch one on Beers....thus we are in the hate portion of our relationship. I agree, its been way over fished...lots of pressure for such a small lake. I also think the lake does not hold much else...nothing for them poor muskies to eat. I have caught a few bass but that is about it.

Yeah for anyone who hasn't had a burger there is missing out. They have got to be the best burgers ever. I have also heard people catching crappies in beers. havent tried for those either. I have seen lots of sunfish in there though.