• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Strikemaster Lazer 224 (8")

vexilarkid

Question

Has anyone used the strikemast 224 8" Auger very much. What do you think? Does it cut better than the regular Lazer Mag Express or does it have some problems? Please let me know.

8 answers to this question

I have not used the 224 but I have heard good things about this auger, it is faster then the Express and is supposed to be the fastest period. The only strikemaster auger that I know of that they ran into problems with was the 9" Lazor Ultra which they have now discontinued.

I used a 224 8" all last winter. I was very happy with all aspects of it. It started great, the only auger I have seen that may be faster is the Nils, . Ice build up was a problem until I started carring a can of Pam cooking spray to coat the blades once in a while. I drilled Approx 4-500 holes and I am due for sharp blades. I dont find that too bad except that it is four blades that will total around $65.

On the model head I have there is the compression release button, I really didn't care for that. I heard of a couple that broke parts by forgetting to push the button.

I bought one early last year and love it. It starts great and cuts like crazy hole after hole.

I am wondering what others also think of this auger because I am considering buying this one or a regular lazer 8".

Thanks for the info.

The 224 is a awesome auger. Check around. There are some reconditioned units available for a lot less than new and they come with a full factory warranty. I know that Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake has a bunch. Call them up. The price may surprise you.

Reel Fishing & Tackle Fishing-Sport-Tackle & Supplies Whsle

500 Walnut Ave

Madison Lake, MN 56063

(507) 243-3388