• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fergus Falls area?

joe_stack20

Anyone still duck hunting around the Fergus FAlls area, haventy been out for a few weeks, family obligations deer hunting so and so forth, so just wondering if there are still some ducks around to shoot. Be hunting big water, and it is still open let me know thank you!

I hunted last weekend when I found open water and birds scouting the day before. Never saw a duck with a gun in hand.

There are few birds in the area, and I personally have not seen anything all week besides geese around Fergus. Lots of geese, and I'm sure some mallards too, are hitting the fields if they are around. I would opt for that myself.

Tonight and tomorrow night is going to get cold. Lows 9 degrees both nights. I'm thinking ice fishing on some lakes by the weekend.

Was there last weekend and got some Golden eyes and mallards where there was open water. Did not see a lot of ducks, but there were lots of geese in Fergus. I will be back Friday morning to give it one more run. Mallards should still be around along with golden eyes. I may even try feild hunting some of those geese. Good luck.

When the Coots pack up and leave it's time to clean the guns. They left two days ago and they took everybody with them except the urban geese and a few downtown mallards. Best thing for a sane man to hunt now is a warm recliner, cold brew and hot football game.

But I DID have nine fox squirrels on my front deck yesterday.

We hunted Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The golden eyes are gone along with most of the mallards. Never fired a shot at a duck, but my brothers did manage to limit out Saturday and Sunday on geese east of Fergus.

Mallard limits on this last Saturday, and 5 between 3 of us on Sunday. Find some open water near a corn field tomorrow if you want to get out one more time for late season mallards. All the mallards we shot were double or triple curls.