• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How is the ice looking in the Grand Rapids area? I imagine smaller lakes should be freezing up. I assume no ice fishing Thanksgiving weekend. Any reports would be helpful. Thanks!

I will most definately be fishing over thanksgiving. I walked out 50 yards out on a small lake that I hit early ice and there was about 2 inches. It is suppose to be cold all week so that should make it plenty safe.

Alot of the small ponds have ice on them but I don't know how much. Some of them turned kinda dark with the sunshine yesterday but its supposed to drop to singal digits tomorrow nite. Rollz is braver than me, maybe cuz I'm gettin older & been thru the ice to many times. Know the water your going out on & rememeber- no ice is safe.

Any updates on Splithand lakes or any other lakes in the Rapids area? My dad came home for Thanksgiving so he has yet to give me a updated report on ice... Looking at going up 12/9 - 12/11

We were on a lake off of hwy 7 and it was open Thanksgiving day. Lots of wind and it was trying to freeze over but could not. The wind died down Thanksgiving night and it was froze over Friday Morning. I walked on the ice by shore but did not go out further.

Fished Prairie Lake on north end day after Thanksgiving--5 1/8 inches ice. Next day 6 1/4, yesterday on 2 Dec it was at 9 7/8 inches. Catching small northerns on tip-ups. Snowmobile just whizzed by the house on the ice!

was out on Pokeg - Wendigo Bay this weekend. 4-7" of ice. I think we'll have a solid (pun intended) season of ice on Pokeg this yr. 'bout time.

• 3 weeks later...