• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Report on Kab?

Ice in tne bays is really hit and miss. We expect cold weather starting today highs in the teens and 0 to -0's overnight. Next warm day is Sunday 28 for high. Forecast looks good for making ice this week. I'll post ice conditions in another day or so. guts

Thanks Guts, We are heading up on Tues> What is there for snow. Trying to decide if four wheeler or snowmobile to bring. Thanks

Tim

R99, Last night Kab froze over for as far as you can see. Rough ice on shore, and smooth thereafter. We dipped below zero again, looking at teens for highs, slighter winds out of East. Forecast is for highs in the high 20's, should be good ice making weather.

I would guess the bays may have 5-6" of ice by Dec 1st. As for snow we have 3" plus on the ground, trails haven't been cleared well yet nor groomed. The lake will be void of snow the way it looks this week. I'll re-post if things change.

Ice conditions have gone to hell in a hurry. !/2" rain yesterday, and a repeat today. There is now open water again on Kab. Bays remain frozen, but if we get the 6" of snow or more forecasted, ice conditions will worsen and result in extremely slushy surfaces. I'll repost as things change. guts

Ice conditions have gone to hell in a hurry. !/2" rain yesterday, and a repeat today. There is now open water again on Kab. Bays remain frozen, but if we get the 6" of snow or more forecasted, ice conditions will worsen and result in extremely slushy surfaces. I'll repost as things change. guts

Guts,

How much snow did you guys get? Think the bays will be in decent shape for the 1st?

Jeremy

Josten, Went out between Tom Cod and the Grassy group of Islands by foot today. Yesterday we had nearly an 1" of rain and 5" of snow, so I thought I better check things out.

The 3-6" of ice we had on Sunday, is now obviviously compromised some by the latest weather. The ice surface has a thick crust, and under the crust is slush with water on top the ice. Once the surface is packed down and refreezes it should be good. I would think the bays would be okay for travel, like Tom Cod, Duck, Irwin and etc, but expect things to be sloppy for awhile. Two resorts that cater to early season spearing, for ice updates would be Sandy Point Lodge, and Red Pine, both on Kab. good luck, guts