• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Extra Deer season

Froggy4371

Ok I know that this has been talked about for every year since it happened 10 or 12 years ago but the DNR guy told my dad that since the deer harvest was down 61% in our area they are going to open it up again mid december. What are the odds that will happen? I also think it is a stupid idea. First of all We did not see many people out hunting at ALL. Second the ones that did work for the deer got deer. I just think that in our area if we did not shoot alot of deer, oh well, I believe we can sustain more deer and I know the population is in check cause we are still in a lottery area! And in our area the deer are herded up at that time of year and say 10 guys find a good group and set it up right there could be a slaugher! I am sorry but to me this is just not a good idea!

What are there thoughts!

Froggy

I doubt it will happen. Before all of the other seasons were lengthened, bow & ML, & there were a lot less late season hunters this was more feasable. I don't really think it is now. Would I personally care? No not really. I'll probably be hunting anyway, it's just a matter of which weapons I have to choose from.

I have to wonder if the deer populations are as high as the estimations say....

Or is it just that with more and more people that we are coming into more conflicts with deer? And the DNR is forcing their hand because of conflicts with cars and flower gardens.... smirk.gif

T.V. Boy I will agreee with you there! We shot 2 of the opening morning and the one I got was following a button buck and I thought oh no you don't! And he flew about 10 feet then I got mad at it cause it ruined my hunting spot for the morning.!

Froggy