• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is it getting slow, or is it me?

dirtydog

That Dirty dog eyeguy caught one more fish than me today, again. He also caught the largest fish. Well, at least it was a nice day (for Nov 20th) tongue.gif. I'm not sure how much more I'm going to get out. eyeguy and I were talking about trying around Monti the next time it's in the 40's. Hopefully that won't be until May grin.gif. Anybody else still getting some (fish)? smirk.gif

Nope it isn't just you. Water temps on my graph yesterday showed 33.7!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! No wonder all I could muster up was one smally, a unintentionally foul hooked cat and a dink northern. But, I did notice a couple of other guys out that were using minnows with no aparent luck.... So I guess just catching a few is ok.....crazy.gif

A bit chilly out for this kid even with the cold gear on. I spent all of 2.5 hours fishing. Might have to opt for some warmer water the next time.... grin.gif

Where do they go? It seems like either they are still in the same spots but aren't feeding, or they move. What are the cold water patterns for the river smallies? confused.gif

The go to Sartell! Actually, I think they just stop feeding for the most part. They won't chase anything because they are conserving energy. It has to be easy picking for them. It looks like the boat is gonna be put up for the year now. Cold weather all this week! Boo!

Time to let the arms heal up for next season. wink.gif Time to let the smallies relax for a bit. Time for us to all go crazy waiting for spring. crazy.gif

Its a very sad time of year! Boats put away, already going through withdrawls, we should have a magnet event in March on pool 2!

I'll hopefully be down on Pool 2 and 4 for early spring bassin'. Pool 2 has some good bass, but you've got to weed out the mixed bag... lots of sheepies, dogfish, crappie, eyes, dink snakes, etc... Prime example - this summer on my way out fishing on the upper 'sippi, had an extra 45 minutes, swung by a shore spot & on 4 consecutive casts caught 4 different fish (smallie, pike, 'eye, & white bass)

Either way - I've got all my gear stored for the winter. time to start tuneups on reels, clean the tackle bag out, get my stuff organized, etc...

I feel for you KT... by the way what the F is wrong with that Rockhopper dude on that other site what an @ss

He's a jerk and he knows it, half the members of that site are one step away from being peta members, anyway... I guess if he ever really watched the boat perform he might just shut his mouth, instead of just looking at the top speed!

I'd be happy to forward the site addy. Drop me a email.

It is a river smallmouth site, mainly east coast guys. 99% are great guys.

Rock Hopper likes to "poke the bear" every so often. He works for the PA DNR and doesn't think highly of me or RiverPros, but he's harmless.

KT, you have mail. I am hoping to get out on the river over thannksgiving. It may have to be in 30 degree temps. My deer hunting is done with the Wisconsin opener finished. Going after some Chinese Chickens this weekend for a couple days and then the river. My 40 th straight year at deer opener with my Father who is 83, I count my blessings ever day that I get to enjoy with him. He will be pheasant hunting with us this week end. Too many things I want to do (dang work gets in the way lol).

Hopefully the weather guys are wrong about the temps this week. lol